Deadline: Until filled
Location: Oakland, CA, USA or Flexible
Organization: Urgent Action Fund for Women's Human Rights
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Manage annual revenue plans and quarterly revenue projections prepared by the Development team, utilizing Excel projections
- Assist Programs Team with annual grantmaking budgets and quarterly grantmaking projections. Help ensure accurate information is available for timely grant awards
- Support the Development team with budgets for fundraising proposals and prepare grant financial reports
- Ensure appropriate documentation is prepared and maintained to support grant reporting and annual audits
- Oversee and manage contracts and grants to ensure compliance with reporting and legal requirements, fulfillment of contractual and budget obligations, and provide interface with contracting entities
- Work closely with the Senior Manager of Finance and Human Resources to ensure accurate and timely reporting to members of the Urgent Action Fund network, including Board of Directors, Sister Funds, and other sector partners
- Review, investigate, correct and approve weekly revenue and expense batches
- Ensure appropriate use of restricted funds, and accurate and timely accounting for the release of restricted funds
- Prepare monthly net assets accounting schedules
Operations and Other Activities
- Support and/or collaborate with other members of the Finance and Administration team and the Development team on special projects as needed; take on new tasks and responsibilities in these areas as feasible
- Participate in cross-functional work-teams and other teams as appropriate
- Follow policies and procedures
- Represent the Operations team within the organization and in interactions with individuals and organizations external to Urgent Action Fund
- Share the values of the organization: integrity, feminisms, wellbeing, justice, courage, and mindful engagement.
- Work collaboratively and respectfully with multiple stakeholders including program and development/communications staff, grantees, donors, Board members, vendors, and external consultants.
- Thrive on systems improvement and finding efficiencies.
- Work with attention to detail and sensitivity to confidential information.
- Highly driven, energetic, detailed, enjoys a small company atmosphere with lean staffing, has the ability to wear a number of different hats.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in nonprofit financial and/or accounting experience
- Attention to detail and deadline-driven
- Experience with accounting software
- Experience with spreadsheets and word processing software
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working across cultures and time zones.
- Passion for social justice and human rights, including women’s rights and LGBTQI equality.
Job Specifics & Work Environment:
This position is full time (40 hours per week) and is exempt. Position pay range is $65,000 to $80,000 annually, depending on qualifications and experience and includes a strong benefits package (Health, Dental, retirement, Flex Spending for medical and transit). Position location is Oakland, California.
Urgent Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
How to apply:
Please submit cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Financial Analyst” in the subject line. Cover letters may be addressed to the hiring manager: Laura Smith, Senior Manager of Finance and Human Resources. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
The position is open until filled. No phone calls please.