Executive Assistant - OutRight Action
Deadline: Until filled
Location: New York, USA
Organization: OutRight Action International
Founded in 1990 and guided by the values of collaboration, depth, and feminism, OutRight Action International strives to help lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI) people live safer, healthier, and more empowered lives worldwide. OutRight focuses its efforts on supporting organizations to effectively document human rights violations and advocate for the rights of LGBTI people. OutRight ’s vision of change includes policy reform, legal challenges, increased coalition work, and stronger LGBTI communities worldwide. OutRight currently seeks an Executive Assistant.
The Executive Assistant is a fulltime position and reports primarily to and provides comprehensive support for the Executive Director. The core function of this role is to ensure that the Executive Director maintains an active, effective, and well-managed schedule related to internal and external organizational activities. Secondary functions include coordinating specific projects and activities related to other departments including Operations, Communications, Development, and Program staff, coordinating with the Board of Directors, offering logistical event support and general administrative office duties.
Executive Support Responsibilities
- Managing the Executive Director’s correspondence;
- Maintaining the Executive Director’s calendar and arranging all travel logistics;
- Handling all financials related to the Executive Director (i.e. receipts, reimbursements, etc. );
- Conducting supplementary research for Executive Director including organizing memos with information on current news topics and research on the legal policies in specific countries;
- Proofreading and checking records and reports for grammatical and arithmetical accuracy, and for compliance with established standards and special instructions;
- Acting as liaison between Executive Director’s office and other organizations;
- Prioritizing workload for Executive Director, as needed
- Providing admin support and coordination to Board of Directors, Board Committees and maintaining all Board information;
- Collaborating with Development team to coordinate and support large, complicated events; Budgeting, streamlining, and managing financial reporting for events;
- Organizing team building and staff events;
- Supporting Operations Manager with expense reporting, allocation management and invoicing;
- Providing weekly updates to OutRight staff about ongoing OutRight initiatives across departments;
- Coordinating United Nations passes for all staff and visitors as needed;
- Greeting and directing office visitors and callers, and making sure the office is kept in orderly and clean fashion;
- Assisting with review of administrative procedures and development of systems to assure compliance by all staff;
- Providing administrative support to staff and completing special projects, as needed
Preparation and Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Database management experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize, prioritize work and take great initiative.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should e-mail a cover letter explaining how your skills and background fit this position and a resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.
OutRight is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, People of Color, and transgender/gender-variant individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: Until Filled