Director, Systemic Change & Partnerships (Policy & Program)
Deadline: Until filled
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Organization: International Women's Development Agency
- Lead and inspire a large team of skilled and passionate women
- Drive and amplify IWDA and our partners’ work towards gender equality
- Full-time, permanent role
- Commencing May/June 2019
The Director, Systemic Change and Partnerships is a new role, developed to drive, strengthen and amplify IWDA’s work for systemic change and realisation of women’s rights and gender equality through full integration of international and national policy and advocacy initiatives, global and local research, programming, and partnerships.
The Director is an integral member of IWDA’s leadership team and will work collaboratively with the team to ensure IWDA’s sustainability, effectiveness and sector influence.
Why you will excel
- You are an inspirational, strategic leader who will work collaboratively across the organisation to generate innovative solutions for complex problems
- You firmly believe that transformational change must be underpinned by robust evidence to practice, and practice to policy and advocacy
- You are passionate about the importance of supporting systemic change, coalition and/or movement building work towards gender equality
- You are well networked in women’s rights movements, NGO sector, academia and/or government
- You have significant experience overseeing research in women’s rights, gender and development policy and practice utilising feminist, quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- You are a skilled communicator with highly developed emotional intelligence who will manage a large team of smart, strong women with kindness, respect and humour.
- Women from Asia and the Pacific are strongly encouraged to apply.
There is no closing date for this recruitment. Suitable candidates will be contacted as we receive their applications.
About the Organization
IWDA is the leading Australian agency entirely focussed on women’s rights and gender equality in the Asia Pacific region. We are international, feminist and independent.
Beyond the impact we have in the world, we are well known for our supportive, friendly and inclusive team culture. Working with IWDA sees you working alongside a team of intelligent, driven and passionate women who genuinely live our values of Feminism, Accountability, Collaboration and Transformation every day.
IWDA works in partnership with gender equality focused organisations in Asia and the Pacific; with international women’s movement coalitions; and with government and academic institutions in Australia to address the practical and structural barriers to gender equality. IWDA’s partnership work seeks to achieve transformational systemic change in order to realise our vision of gender equality for all.
International Women’s Development Agency (IWDA) has an EEO exemption (H112/2018) and requests applications from women only. IWDA encourages women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and women with disabilities to apply. Any offer of employment will require a National Police Check and endorsement of IWDA’s Child Protection Code of Conduct.
How to apply:
If you are looking for an opportunity to join the leadership team of a rights-based international development agency committed to gender equality for all please download the position description and cover letter template (links below) and email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please direct queries to this email address. There is no closing date for this recruitment. Suitable candidates will be contacted as we receive their applications. Women from Asia and the Pacific are strongly encouraged to apply.