Director of Racial, Equity and Inclusion
Deadline: Until filled
Location: Chicago, USA
Organization: Center on Halsted’s Racial Equity and Inclusion (REI)
Center on Halsted’s Racial Equity and Inclusion (REI) Director will have a proven background in successfully designing and implementing racial equity and inclusion programs that foster measurable internal organizational culture shifts as well as the productivity of external community engagements.
The Director will be skilled at analyzing complex qualitative and quantitative data and trend analysis to be used in informing public policy pieces, suggesting internal practices, and engaging in external collaborations. This person will be tasked with positioning the organization to expand its racial justice impact and its profile as an LGBTQ leader on organizational equity, education, and outcomes based training and organizing.
Program Management – Set a dynamic, growth oriented vision to expand program capacity and impact with individuals and organizations through an REI lens moving participants from knowledge acquisition to measurable action. The Director of REI will work closely with communities across Chicago to identify and address bias and inequity at the intersections of sexuality, race, and gender through community organizing, training, leadership development, and collaborative engagement.
- Commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven research skills.
- Strong knowledge of Racial Equity and Inclusion theories and practices regarding organizational development.
- Strong knowledge of Racial Equity and Inclusion theories and practices in working within diverse communities.
- Experience of building trusting relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Self-motivation and an ability to use initiative.
- Organizational and project management skills.
- Report-writing ability.
- Presentation development and training skills.
- Ability to work across all levels and meet changing requirements.
How to apply:
Please apply online at the following website: www.centeronhalsted.org/careers.html
- Please describe any experience you have had in creating racial equity and inclusion programs.
- Please describe any programmatic campaign development and implementation work you have led or in which you participated.
- Please describe both systems based and community based trainings you have created and/or delivered.