Director of Corporate Engagement
Organization: OutRight Action International
OutRight Action International is seeking a visionary development professional who is passionate about LGBTIQ rights; thrives in a dynamic and diverse culture; and who can enthusiastically join our team to elevate and diversify our relationships with corporate philanthropy. The Director of Corporate Engagement has experience fundraising for programs and organizations focused on human rights, LGBTIQ rights, international relations, or a related field. They are a self-starter and skilled at managing, building and strengthening relationships.
The Director of Corporate Engagement is a full-time position and helps lead OutRight’s fundraising with a focus on corporations. The Director of Corporate Engagement possesses the strategic vision, practical skills, and expertise to take a leading role in OutRight’s fundraising including the stewardship of new and existing corporate relationships and the engagement of new ones. Reporting to the Deputy Executive Director, the position works closely with staff across the organization and plays an integral role on the Development team. They must demonstrate initiative at all stages of the partnership cycle including cultivating and growing existing donors and sponsors, identifying new prospects, and assisting to raise OutRight’s fundraising goals. The position represents OutRight to external audiences interested in supporting the organization and maintains ongoing relationships with donors and sponsors at all stages of the giving cycle.
- Help develop and implement OutRight’s fundraising strategy.
- Build a corporate fundraising program from the ground up.
- Build partnerships with community leaders and philanthropists to promote OutRight’s work.
- Collaborate with OutRight’s Development team to strategize corportate initiatives for significant donation campaigns and events, including our gala, Give Out Day, Giving Tuesday, and end-of-year giving.
- Recruit corporate sponsors to achieve growth targets.
- Work with board members and organizational supporters to establish new relationships with corporations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in non-profit fundraising, including successful development and implementation of fundraising strategies, and expertise on corporate giving.
- Excellent writing, and proofreading skills.
- Creative thinking and comfort prospecting, cultivating and managing individual donor relationships at high-value and grassroots levels.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, while being a dependable team player.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, knowledge of Google Docs, and knowledge of donor tracking database software.
- Preferred knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media outlets as tools for individual donor cultivation and event promotion
- Willingness to travel, if/when needed.
- Passion and motivation to work on behalf of OutRight’s mission for global LGBTIQ+ human rights.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should e-mail a cover letter explaining how your skills and background fit this position and a resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to “Director of Corporate Engagement” in the subject line. OutRight is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. People of Color, and transgender/gender-variant individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.