Digital Communications (Intern)
Deadline: Until filled
Organization: Women Living Under Muslim Laws
Women Living Under Muslim Laws (WLUML) is a transnational feminist solidarity network that promotes human rights and gender justice and equality for people whose lives are shaped, conditioned or governed by patriarchal and/or authoritarian interpretations of Islam.
The Digital Communications Intern for Women Living Under Muslim Laws (WLUML), will be supporting the communications of the network, and will report to Ifra Asad.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide ad hoc support, including design and development of digital content, for WLUML, including supporting social media as well as regular upkeep of the website.
- Creating digital content for our social media platforms, Twitter and Facebook, including infographics and web-based graphics
- Tracking our social media and website engagement through tools such as Google Analytics, Meltwater, TweetDeck, etc.
- Support the coordination or publicizing previous research, crafting attractive designs to increase social engagement, website traffic, etc.
- Supporting the migration of old website content onto the new website
- Support WLUML’s activist engagement by tracking and identifying key feminist activists, and updating WLUML’s contact list, as needed
- Administering and engaging the WLUML listserv, which currently hosts over 400 members comprising journalists, activists, researchers, etc.
Interns with second language skills (Farsi, Urdu, Arabic and/or French) are especially encouraged to apply.
- Duration: 3 months
- Location: Remote
- Number of hours: 10 hours per week (flexible)
- Renumeration: WLUML does not currently provide remuneration for interns
How to apply:
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Ifra Asad at firstname.lastname@example.org.