Development Officer - Grants Management
Deadline: Until filled
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Organization: Global Fund for Women
Global Fund for Women’s vision is a world where every woman and girl is strong safe, powerful, and heard. No exceptions. We are a global champion for the rights of women and girls using grantmaking and advocacy to propel global movements for women’s rights.
Under the supervision of the Director of Philanthropic Partnerships, the Development Officer, Grants Management, will be responsible for advancing Global Fund for Women’s social change philanthropy by supporting the procurement and stewardship of major philanthropic gifts and grants from private foundation, corporate, family foundation, and individual funders, as well as select government and multilateral entities. This role will be responsible for working in partnership with relationship managers to lead new proposal development, manage a portfolio of secured grants, and support internal process optimization and cross-team alignment and collaboration.
The position holder must enjoy and be highly competent in working collaboratively across time zones and geographies and with people of diverse nationalities, identities, and cultures.
Essential Job Functions
Proposal Development and Grants Management
- Working in partnership with relationship managers, manage a sophisticated portfolio of grant funding from private and family foundations, corporations, donor-advised funds, individual donors, and select broad-minded governments and multilateral organizations.
- Develop and leverage high quality written deliverables for fundraising that reflect program priorities and advance revenue goals. Materials include proposals, donor reports, pitch decks, stories, and other necessary materials.
- Drive cross-team development of donor materials, including working closely with finance, programs, and impact and effectiveness staff to collect necessary information (project plans, evaluation plans, budgets, etc.) and synthesize in a compelling and accurate way for donor audiences.
- Work side by side with fundraising staff to determine communication strategy for current and potential donors and coordinate with Advocacy staff on deliverables. Act as a secondary point of contact with donors, providing updates and programmatic information or responding to other requests as needed.
Main knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must have a commitment to and possess knowledge of international women’s issues and a strong knowledge of grants management, fundraising, donor engagement, and/or education.
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to work well with diverse groups of individuals.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, problem solve, and have excellent follow through.
- Ability to collaboratively engage with relationship managers and donors to further Global Fund for Women’s mission, generating ideas, strategies, and advanced tactics in furtherance of revenue generation for the organization.
- Committed to the values of diversity, open communication, and inclusiveness.
How to apply: