Development Associate for Institutional Giving
Deadline: Until filled
Location: New York, USA
Organization: The Center for Reproductive Rights (the Center)
The Center for Reproductive Rights (the Center) is the premier global legal organization dedicated to advancing women's reproductive health, self-determination, and dignity. Its mission is straightforward and ambitious: to advance reproductive health and rights as fundamental human rights that all governments around the world are legally obligated to protect, respect, and fulfill. Headquartered in New York City, the Center has regional offices in Bogota, Geneva, Kathmandu, Nairobi, and Washington, DC and a staff of more than 130 diverse professionals. Its annual operating budget is approximately $23 million, the result of an extraordinary growth trajectory; the Center is now poised for a new phase of significant expansion through its next Strategic Plan.
The Center's game-changing litigation and advocacy work, combined with its unparalleled expertise in constitutional, comparative, and international human rights law, have transformed how reproductive rights are understood by courts, governments, and human rights bodies worldwide. It has played a key role in securing landmark legal victories in the U.S., Latin America, Africa, Asia, and Eastern Europe on issues including access to life-saving obstetrics care, contraception, safe abortion services, and comprehensive sexuality information, as well as the prevention of forced sterilization and child marriage. It has brought groundbreaking cases before national courts, U.N. Committees, and regional human rights bodies, led the development of historic, proactive legislation advancing robust protections for reproductive rights, and has built the legal capacity of women's rights advocates in more than 55 countries.
The Development Associate for Institutional Giving will report to the Director of Foundation Relations and will provide high level support for the Institutional Giving functions. The Associate will provide donor and grant stewardship for the Institutional Giving area.
The Development Associate for Institutional Giving's primary job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support grant stewardship for the Institutional Giving area, including providing support for drafting proposal and report narratives, producing proposal and report attachments, producing final submissions, etc.
- Process institutional giving gifts and prepare acknowledgements.
- Draft institutional donor materials, including the drafting of donor correspondence and donor communications, meeting memos and background documents.
- Support foundation prospecting, including identifying new prospects, conducting research, drafting letters of inquiry and executing a prospect tracking system.
- Manage systems for tracking institutional donor information and update donor records in Raiser's Edge with meeting notes and relevant updates.
- Support tracking institutional giving revenue.
- Attend program meetings and inform team of key programmatic developments.
- Assist with meeting preparation and handle meeting logistics and coordination.
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Director of Global Development Partnerships.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A least three years' experience in fundraising.
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with Raiser's Edge or Convio a plus.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to shifting duties while maintaining focus and follow-through and the ability to work professionally in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with attention to detail, accuracy and pacing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, with capacity to receive and accept constructive feedback, take initiative and be pro-active and demonstrate solid problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of and commitment to the Center's mission.
- High level of discretion and sensitivity to donor confidentiality issues.
The Center offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits program.
How to apply: