Deadline: Until filled
Location: New York, NY, USA
Reporting to the Development Director, the Development Associate provides support for MADRE’s Major Donor program and helps to develop and grow MADRE’s pipeline of prospective major donors. Development Associate is responsible for assisting with all major donor-related activities and works collaboratively with the Development and Communications teams to achieve individual giving goals.
- Provide administrative support for the Major Donor program, including drafting and mailing personalized acknowledgement letters; drafting renewal letters, proposals, email communications and reports for major donors; responding to general inquiries.
- Assist Director of Development in stewarding and cultivating major donors through written communications and phone calls
- Manage Development moves management of all major donors, facilitating bi-weekly meeting with Director of Development, Major Gift Manager, and others as necessary.
- Partner with Individual Giving Coordinator and Major Gift Manager in executing major donor direct mail and e- appeals.
- With Director of Development and development team, prepare materials for Development Committee meeting and Development section of Board report
- With development team, help plan and coordinate donor events, large and small
- Assist Director of Development and Executive Director with scheduling and preparation for cultivation meetings and trips.
- Assist with other development projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required with 1-2 years of fundraising experience preferred.
- Excellent spoken and written communications.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Knowledge of donor fundraising software (e.g., Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge) strongly preferred.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call.
Include “Development Associate” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.