Deputy Supply Chain Coordinator
Location: Beni, DRC
Organization: International Rescue Committee
Reporting to the ERT Supply Chain Coordinator - Ebola Response and with the technical lead from the RSCD for the emergency unit, the EVD deputy Supply Chain Coordinator will provide technical oversight to the Supply Chain departments in both Beni and Butembo as well as overseeing the procurement, transport and distribution of all medical supplies for the Ebola response. The day to day management of both Beni and Butembo will be managed by the Field Cos- Beni/Butembo and the support of the ERT-EVD SC Coordinator respectively. EVD deputy SC Coordinator will supervise the Supply chain managers of Beni, Butembo.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide technical oversight and guidance to SC Manager- Butembo/Beni and other SC staff in Goma/Beni and Butembo for the Ebola response.
- Ensure that processes are compliant with IRC Global Supply Chain standard operating procedures in all aspects as followed.
- Provide department priorities, activity delegation process, clear roles and responsibilities, and deliverable timelines.
- Ensure accuracy of GSC data collected, timely submission of required report(s) to inform the decision-making process.
- Management of all waivers (including requests) with details of the emergency procurement circumstances; including the country program leadership approval (CD, DDO) before its approval by either the RSCD or the CGSCO.
- Graduate in Logistics or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with INGOs in the field of Supply Chain.
- Experience working in an EVD response or any major epidemic.
- Skills effectively managing supply chain operations in high-pressures, dynamic environments.
- Leadership and team management skills are needed.
- Excellent capability to represent the IRC in forums in emergency settings and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Understanding of humanitarian contexts and applying humanitarian principles and standards.
- Maintains focus on delivery of timely and appropriate results by effective use of available resources.
- Operating safely and securely at all times.
- Adaptability and flexibility: resilience, remains calm in high pressured situations, accepts new assignments and challenges, and responds efficiently to change
Specific Security Situation/Housing
Beni is security phase 4 (Red) so staff are encouraged to respect the various security protocols in place in the province and in country. Phase 4 requires clear prioritization in place with staff prepared should hibernation or evacuation be called. The Deputy Supply Chain Coordinator position is an unaccompanied position and will be provided with shared housing/hotel accommodation.
How to apply: