Deadline: Until filled
Location: Washington, DC, USA
Organization: Fuller Project for International Reporting
The Deputy Director (DD) position is a mission-critical, senior role. Our team is nimble and highly focused on producing journalism of the highest quality. The DD will report directly to the Executive Director (ED) and will work closely with the Editor-in-Chief (EIC). The DD will play a central role in resource development and in promoting the impact and reach of our journalism.
The Deputy Director will gain exposure to the landscape of top editors, donors, and partners working on women and news and will build highly transferable leadership and management skills across a range of functions.
- Manage fundraising and partnership building processes, including drafting of proposals and reports, management of all development systems and gifts, and leadership on fundraising campaigns
- For quarterly board of directors meetings, provide reporting and work with board members on their individual engagement (whether events, strategy, etc)
- Research funding opportunities and provide strategic input to our development strategy
- Manage our external communications, including webpage and social media strategy (with implementation support from our coordinator)
- Work closely with executive director on other management and leadership priorities, including talent management, administration, legal and other matters as they arise
- 4-7+ years of professional experience, background in journalism and communications strongly preferred; development experience a strong plus
- Demonstrated excellent research and writing skills
- Washington DC based preferred
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Deputy Director.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.