Deputy Country Director - Program Support - Bangladesh
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
CARE Bangladesh is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Deputy Country Director - Program Support, who will provide strong leadership, direction and will be responsible for smooth running of the Country Office's, Human Resources, Business Services (Administrative, Transport Service Department, Procurement and Safety and Security) and Information and Communication Technology (ICT). S/he will also be responsible for Government Affairs and Award Management (GAAM), Field Operations Coordination (FOC) and other Support systems, processes and functions in line with CARE strategy and vision.
The DCD – Program Support will work closely with the Country Director to develop an effective, efficient and results driven Operations team and will be responsible for the operational oversight of CARE Bangladesh (BGD), including the smooth functioning and management of the heads of units stated above. Furthermore, the DCD-PS/Operations will be required to play a substantive and essential hands-on role in the development or enhancement of Country Office systems, policy and processes across the spectrum of all Country Office departments. S/he will contribute to strengthening the integration of all Program Support/Operations by working closely with the program team and fostering positive collaboration.
The person in this role will be required to possess advanced HR and business management skills, excellent team building and people management skills and extensive understanding of administrative support processes and compliance requirements. S/he must demonstrate the ability to make coherent, and sometimes difficult decisions and/or recommendations to ensure HR, Business Services and other support functions are run efficiently and cost effectively, while providing the highest quality of service and information to ‘clients’ at all levels within CARE BGD, and to individuals, communities, donors and other stakeholders when required.
- Ensure Core Organizational processes are viable and responsive to country office mission and programming priorities
- Responsible for the development, review and implementation of Policy and Operations Systems
- Consistently track business process unit’s performance against key performance targets and provide guidance for necessary improvement and adaptation
- Provide strong leadership and team management
- Oversee legal, statutory relations and ensure a viable program support structure
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field. Master’s degree preferred
- 8 - 12 years of experience in program support and operations in large international NGO with a minimum of 5 years at the senior leadership position
- Good knowledge and experience in institutionalizing compliance and accountability system and procedures
- Sound knowledge and hands on experience of internal and external audit requirements
- Demonstrated skills and motivation towards gender and cultural sensitivities, valuing diversity and championing organizational and staff diversity, upholding the organizational core values
- Demonstrated experience and success in developing operational systems, processes and supporting policy
- Fluent English both written and spoken
- Proven experience of mentoring, training and delegating
- Fundamental knowledge and use of Peoples Soft and Budgetary Software
- Must possess analytical skills as they relate to business processes
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Accomplished facilitator and presenter
- Excellent negotiation skills
How to apply: