Deputy Child Protection Coordinator
Location: Beni, DRC
Organization: International Rescue Committee
Under the supervision of the Deputy Field Director, the Deputy Child Protection Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing implementation and monitoring of the child protection component of IRCs EVD response while ensuring quality program delivery of the child protection in emergencies program activities including interventions among host communities. The Deputy Child Protection Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring technical quality of IRC’s interventions related to child protection case management; Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and psychosocial support to children, adolescents, and youth; parenting skills; and strengthening community-based child protection networks (RECOPE). She/he ensures integration as well as smooth teamwork within and across other sectors.
- Provide technical supervision of, and technical support and guidance to IRC DR Congo EVD Response child protection program, in close coordination and with technical support of the Child Protection Coordinator
- Ensure that all child protection activities are consistent with established international and national best practices, in close collaboration with the Child Protection Coordinator and the HQ Child Protection TA
- Provide direct support to the child protection case management team and coach case management officers in supervising case management services
- Supervise CP staff and volunteers directly, working closely with the CP Manager to ensure that activities are implemented on time, within budget, and in compliance with IRC and donor guidelines
- Ensure regular follow-up on monitoring data relevant to the IRC EVD child protection program
- A Bachelor’s degree in Child Protection, Social work, humanities or other related discipline.
- At least 5 years professional experience in Child Protection programming within increasingly complex levels of management responsibility, preferably in an emergency context. Experience in conflict and / or outbreak contexts preferred.
- In-depth understanding of Child Protection international standards, and prevention and response strategies
- Demonstrated experience in Child Protection program start up, including recruiting and building the capacity of a new team, preferably in emergency contexts
- Demonstrated experience in program design and monitoring; experience developing and monitoring budgets, work plans and other program management tools.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating trainings and workshops on Child Protection in emergencies issues
Specific Security Situation/Housing
Beni is security phase 4 (Red) so staff are expected to respect the various security protocols in place in the province and in country. Phase 4 requires clear contingency planning in place with staff prepared should hibernation or evacuation be called. The Deputy Child Protection Coordinator position is an unaccompanied position and will be provided with shared housing/hotel accommodation.
How to apply: