Content Manager (Voluntary)
Organization: Women in International Affairs Network (WIAN)
About the role
WIAN are looking for a Content Manager with passion, experience and skills to join our team. The primary responsibility of the Content Manager is to create, edit, produce and manage all WIAN’s original content and resources. WIAN is made up of 4 teams, Operations, Partnerships, Programmes and Communications. Sitting in the Communications team, the Content Manager will work closely with the Social Media Manager, Content Editor and Communications Officer to lead the production and management of original content. The Manager will develop, edit and upload original content, and will play a vital role in developing WIAN’s brand voice.
- Manage and administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content across all WIAN’s various digital platforms, including the website, social media and other online mediums.
- Edit and proofread all original content, ensuring all grammatical errors are rectified before being released to WIAN members.
- Develop and implement new and innovative ways to engage with our members using original content and disseminate WIAN’s impact to external stakeholders and potential partners
- Provide regular reports and updates on the progress of content creation and present new ideas and strategies to the Executive Director and the Communications Team
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
- Work with the CEO and Communications Officer to manage and refine WIAN’s website, ensuring the timely uploading of content, cleaning up outdated content, monitoring website traffic, responding to website feedback, and implementing changes to the site's layout
- Support the recruitment and management of content contributors (internally and externally to the team) keeping close oversight and ensuring all tasks are completed within the set time.
- Arrange regular meetings with content editors and contributors to review performance and delivery.
- Create and continually refine the content strategy and ensure all content is aligned to this
- Build relationships with and reach out to external individuals and partners to collaborate with WIAN on specific content, resources and events.
Key priorities for the next 12 months:
- Lead the recruitment and management of a team of content contributors
- Work with the CEO and Communications Officer to manage WIAN’s website and disseminate the organisation’s impact
- Manage the publication of WIAN’s original content including editing, proof reading and monitoring and evaluation of content
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please send a CV, one page covering letter and writing sample to us via email at: email@example.com, with your name and [“Content Manager”] in the subject line.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis with the deadline to apply at 11:59pm BST on June 10th, 2020. The position will be filled as soon as a well-qualified person is identified. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.