Communications Officer – Bilingual
Deadline: Until filled
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Organization: Crossroads International // Carrefour International
Crossroads International is seeking a seasoned bilingual Communications Officer to bring our storytelling and stakeholder engagement to new levels. Reporting to the Director, External Relations, this position is part of a dynamic team committed to engaging existing stakeholders and attracting new Crossroads volunteers and donors. Versatile, creative and committed to excellence, the Communications and Outreach Officer will be the chief storyteller, creating marketing and communications content across a variety of platforms to increase engagement and support for Crossroads International to attract volunteers and increase revenue.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter and strategic thinker that creates compelling content to move audiences and deliver measurable results. S/he is a skilled writer with solid project management experience executing communications and marketing initiatives and securing media coverage. The successful candidate will have strong relationship building and customer service skills working collaboratively with fundraising, volunteer and program leads to create captivating content and campaigns on budget and on deadline. S/he will organize and support events with photography and video capture and oversee production. Professional knowledge of social media, national media engagement and exceptional project management skills are required. Experience overseas is a definite asset.
- University degree in journalism, marketing, communications or related field
- Minimum of five years of experience in journalism, marketing, communications field, with professional experience in marketing/communications and project management with a PR agency, corporation or non-profit organization
- English-French bilingualism is required and will be tested in the selection process
- Demonstrated success in marketing or public relations
- Proven ability to conduct effective interviews and write clear, concise and compelling prose and a flair for transforming technical language into aspirational and exciting narrative — articles, news releases, op-eds, ad copy, blog posts, email alerts, etc.
- Exceptional project-management skills including managing production to tight deadlines on budget
- Brand Management: quality assurance, consistent messaging and voice across all platforms
- Dynamic presentation and facilitation skills and experience in community building online and offline through events, training, campaigns, etc.
- Professional social media experience
- Experience generating performance reports on campaigns activities, metrics and results
- Solid copy-editing skills, strong attention to detail, photography experience
- Resourceful, takes initiative and ensures follow-through
- Respected as a team player, with a strong customer service orientation
- A proven self-starter; able to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills
- Proficiency with WordPress, CMS, HTML, knowledge of Adobe creative suite required, and knowledge of google analytics, adwords, video, design and editing software is an asset.
- Flexibility to manage multiple projects and changing priorities
- A commitment to gender equality and the promotion of women’s rights
- Background in social justice and/or international development and/or rights-based organizations or international volunteering is an asset.
Position Type: Full time
Hiring Range: $62,230-$63,163
Salary Scale: $62,230-$69,066
Conditions: Ability to travel from home for short periods is required. Given the nature of our work, some evening and weekend work is required.
How to apply:
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing international development organization, please submit your résumé and cover letter in one Word or .pdf document by 9:00 am, August 10, 2020 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until filled.
Applications must include “Communications Officer” in the subject line of the e-mail. All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will occur on an ongoing basis and may be held before the closing date.