Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Organization: The Stephen Lewis Foundation
Job Duties and Responsibilities: Communications support, Social Media, Media Relations, Events
- Work in collaboration with Communications, Fundraising and Programmes Team to create website content, social media posts, videos, multimedia presentations and other materials to raise awareness and funds.
- Work with Mailchimp to send e-blasts and e-newsletters to supporters.
- Work with a photo database (Portfolio) to catalogue and archive photos.
- In collaboration with other SLF staff, increase opportunities for awareness, fundraising and event promotion using social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube and other platforms).
- Create social media posts to contextualize and amplify the voices of community-based partner organizations in Africa.
- Create and edit drafts of original text, photos and videos to inspire people to support the mission of the SLF.
- Track news, current events and online posts.
- In collaboration with the Communications team, identify and pursue opportunities for coverage by traditional and new media.
- In collaboration with the Communications team, coordinate the SLF response to media inquiries and information requests.
- Assist with the organization of SLF events, including promotion, ticket sales, interviews, keynote speakers, live posts on social media, and taking photos and videos at events.
- In collaboration with the Media & Communications Manager, edit, prepare text, photos and videos from events for social media, YouTube and B-roll, as well as coordinating and conducting Facebook Live Events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Personal commitment to the values of feminism, social justice, solidarity, collaboration and gender equality.
- Experience creating powerful website content that generates results.
- Ability to use a video camera will be an asset.
- Ability to take photos.
- Social Media savvy, especially creating and delivering social media strategies to increase community engagement.
- Experience working in a professional setting with core social platforms including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Sprout Social and MailChimp.
- Experience with editing in Photoshop, InDesign and with video-editing software.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, flexible environment with high levels of collaboration.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to balance priorities and manage multiple deadlines.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Exceptional attention to details.
- Not-for-profit experience is an asset.
Reports to: Director of Communications
How to apply:
Those wishing to apply please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note “Communications Officer” in the email subject line. The closing date for this position is August 23, 2019.
Please do not call or email the Foundation about this posting. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Stephen Lewis Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your interest!