Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Organization: Women's International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF)
Would you like to work on gender, disarmament, peace and security issues? To become part of an inspiring network of feminist peace activists? To apply your textbook communication skills to a real world setting? Then you would love to join the WILPF communications team at our International Secretariat in Geneva, Switzerland.
WILPF International Secretariat opens for applications for our Communications Internship in Geneva, Switzerland. It runs from 17 February 2020 to August 2020 (6 months).
As a member of the dedicated WILPF team, your tasks will be exciting, diverse, and challenging. Whether you have acquired your communication skills in the classroom or in the field, joining a feminist grassroots organisation will enable you to transfer them to a professional environment by working on real world issues.
You will explore different communication outlets, including the production of communication materials (brochures, banners, merchandise), web editing, social media, newsletter production and campaign management. Depending on your skills and interests, you will also have the opportunity to work with graphics, photos and video.
It is an advantage if you work systematically and are good to stay in control during busy periods.
We offer a workplace where everyone’s suggestions and ideas are welcome – and where teamwork and team spirit are essential.
We expect you to:
- be pursuing or intend to pursue a Masters Degree in communications, journalism, literature, or a related field;
- have strong writing, proofreading and analytical skills;
- be interested in learning, or already familiar with, web editing (esp. WordPress and MailChimp); be able to meet tight deadlines;
- be able to think independently and take responsibility;
- have the desire and courage to contribute your own ideas and personality;
- be interested in WILPF’s aims and goals.
Fluent in English Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) Artistic skills are a plus (video editing, photography)
The practical stuff
- The internship is full time. 40 hours per week.
- You will work closely with our Communications Manager, who also will be your supervisor.
- One day a week will be dedicated to administrative tasks, which are crucial to running the organisation.
WILPF is part of the We Pay Our Interns campaign. We pay a monthly gross stipend of 900 CHF.
How to apply:
If this sounds interesting to you and you wish to get practical experience in a grassroots organisation, then send a motivation letter (maximum one page) and your CV (maximum two pages, without photograph) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 January 2020.
Please write: “Communications Internship Febuary 2020” in the subject field.
**PLEASE NOTE** For candidates not from EU or EFTA member states with no valid Swiss work permit, we will only be able to consider applications from candidates whose profile meet the criteria established by the State of Geneva to obtain a work permit. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications without motivation letter and CV will not be accepted. Read more about WILPF on www.wilpf.org and/or follow us on our social media.