Deadline: Until filled
Location: Bengaluru, India (remote in the short term)
Organization: IT for Change
IT for Change are looking for a full-time Communications Associate to provide strategic guidance to, and play an active role in, the organisation's external communications activities and internal knowledge processes. We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about digital and data rights and development justice, and will be able to translate organisational research into accessible material for public consumption. The role also entails support for networking and advocacy efforts, and assistance in the production of in-house publications and post-production communications outreach.
The Communications Associate will strategise on how to make IT for Change's vision, mission, and work resonate with a variety of audiences, and take the lead in driving and implementing our communications strategy. S/he will also help facilitate website updates, liaise with external contractors, and manage IT for Change's messaging and branding materials.
A commitment to team work, collaborative knowledge processes, organisation building, and the ability to take initiative and manage workflow pro-actively is a pre-requisite for this role.
- Contribute towards impactful dissemination of organisational knowledge in the form of newsletters, social media content etc.
- Drive and implement our social media strategy and manage our Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- Provide support on editorial and production aspects of Bot Populi, IT for Change's online magazine.
- Manage the IT for Change website and microsites through regular updates.
- Review and edit IT for Change's external content – funder correspondence, concept notes, and reports – as requested
- Facilitate the development and design of research and advocacy materials in house, using graphic design software, or in collaboration with graphic designers.
- Collaborate on building, updating, and maintaining our database of contacts and community.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a writing sample/portfolio.