Location: Kampala , Uganda or Flexible
Organization: The Strategic Initiative for Women in the Horn of Africa (SIHA)
SIHA is looking for a savvy Communications Assistant to come aboard our organization for a dynamic employment opportunity. The Communications Assistant will ensure effective implementation of SIHA’s communication and advocacy strategy, media relations and organizational outreach efforts. Central to this function will be the provision of communications support to Advocacy and Communications Division and curation of SIHA’s social media interaction across a multitude of platforms under the direct supervision of the Regional Advocacy and Communications Officer.
If you've got your finger on the pulse of communications trends, social media, research and/or advocacy, you're exactly what we're looking for.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the SIHA Network Communications and Advocacy Working Group in the following tasks:
- Assist with the preparation and production of communication materials, including fast facts brochures, newsletters and publications;
- Update SIHA Network social media on a regular basis with relevant material, highlighting key events and achievements;
- Assist in conducting any campaigns and events that the SIHA Network Communications and Advocacy division undertake;
- Provide support in developing press and public statements capturing key messages of SIHA Network’s work;
- Contribute towards the development of new vectors of communication to support the Communications and Advocacy division;
- Assist in planning and implementing new initiatives from the division;
- Assist in writing press releases and feature articles related to activities/events;
- Assist the RACO with any other duties as may be assigned;
- Proactive and practical-minded
- Team Player
- Excellent writing skills
- Quick learner
- Good computer skills
'SIHA is open to equality and inclusiveness in employment'
How to apply:
Interested Candidates are asked to provide their current CV and Cover Letter, expressing her/his motivation in applying and relevant experience/expertise, to SIHA’s Human Resources Department firstname.lastname@example.org before 29th of March 2019.
Please enter “Application Materials: Communications Assistant”. Due to the anticipated volume of applications, please note that SIHA will contact only shortlisted candidates. We thank you for your interest in joining SIHA!