Organization: WILPF International
WILPF opens a Communication Internship
Would you like to work on gender, disarmament, peace and security issues? To become part of an inspiring network of feminist peace activists? To apply your textbook communication skills to a real world setting? Then you would love to join
the WILPF communications team at our International Secretariat in Geneva, Switzerland.
The internship is open to all applicants. It will start around 15 April 2019 and last between 4-6 months.
As a member of the dedicated WILPF team, your tasks will be exciting, diverse, and challenging. Whether you have acquired your communication skills in the classroom or in the field, joining a feminist grassroots organisation will enable you to transfer them to a professional environment by working on real world issues.
You will explore different communication outlets, including the production of communication materials (brochures, banners, merchandise), web editing, social media, newsletter production and campaign management. Depending on your skills and interests, you will also have the opportunity to work with graphics, photos and video.
It is an advantage if you work systematically and are good to stay in control during busy periods. We offer a workplace where everyone's suggestions and ideas are welcome – and where teamwork and team spirit are essential.
We expect you to:
- be pursuing or intend to pursue a Masters Degree in communications, journalism, literature, or a related field;
- have strong writing, proofreading and analytical skills;
- be interested in learning, or already familiar with, web editing (esp. Wordpress and MailChimp);
- be able to meet tight deadlines;
- be able to think independently and take responsibility;
- have the desire and courage to contribute your own ideas and personality;
- be interested in WILPF’s aims and goals.
- Fluent in English
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Artistic skills are a plus (video editing, photography)
The practical stuff
he internship is full time. 40 hours per week.
You will work closely with our Communications Manager, who also will be your supervisor.
One day a week will be dedicated to administrative tasks, which are crucial to running the organisation.
WILPF is part of the We Pay Our Interns campaign. We pay a monthly gross stipend of 900 CHF.
If this sounds interesting to you and you wish to get practical experience in a grassroots organisation, then send a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com by 19 October 2018. Please write: “Communications Internship Spring 2019” in the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications without cover letter and CV will not be accepted.
Read more about WILPF on www.wilpf.org.