Organization: Do It With Baldness Foundation
These roles would suit individuals who are interested in and committed to working towards gender equality and human rights,Mentorship and empowerment of Kenyan women These roles will require the skills and ability to proactively support the work of Do It With Boldness to deliver campaigns , projects access funds to further its activities.
We are looking to expand our operations and attract more additional skills including: governance, general management, experience of work on gender equality, legal, finance Entrepreneurship, fundraising etc.
Remuneration: The role of board member is voluntary and members will privately fund their own travel during face to face meeting twice a year(Optional to attend)
Location: Face to face meeting twice per year . Other meetings by Skype call meeting
Time commitment: Two years of commitment renewed only once.
The board's primary responsibility is one of stewardship and trusteeship on behalf of stakeholders, ensuring that the legal entity, i.e. the company or association, remains viable and effective in the present and for the future. The board is ultimately accountable for all organisation matters.
The board ensures the organisation has a secure long term future by:
- Establishing the organisation's strategic direction and priorities.
- Interacting with key stakeholders to inform them of achievements and ensuring they have input into determining strategic goals and direction.
- Regularly scanning the external operating environment to ensure that the organisation's strategic direction remains both appropriate and achievable.
- Monitoring organisational performance and evaluating the achievement of the strategic and business plans and annual budget outcomes.
- Reporting back to the stakeholders at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Establishing the policy framework for governing the organisation from which all operational policies and actions are developed.
- Ensuring the organisation has appropriate corporate governance structures in place including standards of ethical behaviour and promoting a culture of corporate and social responsibility.
- Defining key relationships between the organisation and its stakeholders and other key individual and organisations/groups.
- Appointing, setting targets in order to evaluate the performance of and reward as appropriate, the workers
How to apply: