Bilingual content production coordinator for GenderIT.org (Spanish/ English)
The Women's Rights Programme of the Association for Progressive Communications (APC WRP) is looking for a content production coordinator and experienced bilingual Spanish-English editor (whose native language is Spanish) to join APC’s virtual office and help support our exciting work.
The content production coordinator will be responsible for producing quality content for GenderIT.org, general communications, and building networks, especially with researchers, activists and practitioners, to voice feminist articulations on digital technologies.
Responsibilities of the content production coordinator and bilingual Spanish-English editor include:
- Development of an overall editorial plan and coordination of quality content production.
- Management of the quality and diversity of content production for GenderIT.org, including development of an editorial plan and managing publication deadlines with a range of contributors.
- Coordination of GenderIT.org's pool of writers and editors, including identifying and contracting new writers and guest editors.
- Supporting development of writers, including sharing relevant resources and stories, and providing constructive editing and feedback to help them find their voice.
- Overall management of web publication on the English and Spanish site, including formatting and publishing according to timelines, and the overall quality of content published, including visuals and images used.
- Writing of original content and analysis, as needed.
- Development and monitoring of GenderIT.org distribution and communications strategy, including dissemination to key target groups, and thinking of new ways to engage them in content production.
- Facilitating conversations and knowledge exchanges between researchers, activists and practitioners to voice feminist articulations on digital technologies.
- Coordinating the production of the main research publications for the Feminist Internet Research Network project.
How to apply:
Send your CV along with the documents mentioned below as part of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with “GenderIT.org content production coordinator” in the subject line.
For the purpose of this job, all relevant documents should be in English to aid in overall assessment.
The following information should be included in your application:
- Your name, email, phone, location and gender.
- An email/letter in English explaining:
- Why you are interested in joining our team
- How you would describe your editorial style.
- What relevant personal, activist, professional and/or academic experience and expertise you have.
- What drives your interest in online feminist publishing platforms such as GenderIT.org.
- Three examples of pieces you have edited and are most proud of. (A combination of English and Spanish pieces – you can include translations.)
- Two samples of your writing, preferably published (preferably one in English and one in Spanish)
- Three names of referees who will send references if you are shortlisted for the job.
We look forward to hearing from you before 22 July latest. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by writing to email@example.com.