Associate Specialist, Gender Integration
Location: Stanford, CA, USA
Organization: Global Center for Gender Equality at Stanford University
The Associate Gender Integration Specialist is a new position which will work closely with the Director of Gender Integration, and with the Senior Gender Integration Specialists to support technical assistance in gender integration delivered to partners. Principal duties of this role include supporting technical assistance in gender integration (e.g., knowledge management of TA delivery model in order to track progress and capture the impact of these efforts, onboarding of consultant bench, etc.); supporting design and delivery of training related to gender equality; supporting development of new tools to disseminate learnings and support partners in gender integration, and briefing team on cutting edge research and tools for gender integration.
The Associate Specialist must have experience working in gender integration teams in development or philanthropic organizations, and the desire to develop senior level expertise in gender integration. Strong candidates will have experience in participatory workshop facilitation and in-depth knowledge of development issues in the Global South.
Gender Integration Technical Assistance: Establish a deep and evolving understanding of partners’ existing gender integration strategies and organizational structure in order to ensure technical assistance is in alignment with partner needs.
Capacity Building and Tool Development: Support the design and delivery of face-to-face and virtual training on gender equality and integration, using participatory and adult-learning approaches.
Learnings Dissemination: Develop a system to evaluate and track training program participation, learnings, and outcomes across partners where it is implemented.
Additional Responsibilities: Contribute to key documents, reports, and presentations on the Center Gender Integration team learnings for a variety of purposes and audiences.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of gender integration and mainstreaming strategies in a development context.
- Ability to apply an intersectional lens to gender integration work.
- Experience in program design and results-based management.
- In-depth understanding of international development processes, actors and cultures.
- Proven ability to work with large funders and development organizations to integrate gender into diverse bodies of work.
- Significant experience in designing and facilitating interactive meetings, workshops, and trainings.
- Strong understanding of, and personal commitment to, a rights-based approach to gender equality and international development.
- Advanced degree with 5+ years of experience in gender mainstreaming or integration.
- Prior experience working with or liaising with large international development foundations or other funders.
- Experience delivering trainings using participatory methods.
- Effective relationship-building and collaboration skills with a diverse range of partners and donors, both in-person and virtually.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
How to apply: