Apply for Stakeholder Speaking Roles or the Selection Committee
On Thursday, 21 April 2016 at United Nations Headquarters in New York, the President of the General Assembly H.E. Mogens Lykketoft will convene a High-level Thematic Debate on Achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to support prompt and inclusive implementation of the 2030 Agenda.
The Thematic Debate will feature a panel discussion on "Action at all levels," which will focus on national responses to implementation of the 2030 Agenda. The panel will include three stakeholder representatives from civil society organizations, non-governmental organizations, and academia.
At the request of the Office of the President of the UN General Assembly (OPGA), the UN Department of Social and Economic Affairs (UNDESA) and UN Non-Governmental Liaison Service (UN-NGLS) are facilitating a process to identify these three speakers.
Travel funding will be available for the speakers selected through this process.
Using the form below, you may apply for a speaking role OR for a Stakeholder Selection Committee that will be facilitated by UN DESA and UN-NGLS for this process.
By 23 February: Apply for Selection Committee
By 29 February: Apply for Speaking Roles
To apply for either a speaking role or the Selection Committee, you must:
- be a representative of a civil society organization, non-governmental organization or academic institution, and officially authorized by their organization or network to speak on the organization or institution’s behalf;
- have expertise in the post-2015 development agenda process, and national implementation of sustainable development objectives;
- have demonstrated ability to engage constructively with a variety of stakeholders.
To apply for a speaking role, you must also:
- be a compelling public speaker;
- be available to be in New York on 21 April and for travel if necessary;
- have a visa for travel to New York, or is able to obtain one within 4 weeks for travel to New York. (Please check with the US Embassy or Consulate in the your country. The United Nations will provide an invitation letter to the selected candidates to support a Visa application. The selected speakers will be responsible for obtaining the visa for travel and for any costs associated with obtaining the visa.)