Deadline: Until filled
Location: San Francisco, USA
Organization: Global Fund for Women
At Global Fund for Women, our vision is a world where every woman and girl is strong, safe, powerful, and heard. No exceptions. We are a global champion for the rights of women and girls, using grant making and advocacy to propel global movements for women’s rights.
The Advocacy Group Intern will be an integral part of the Advocacy group and the larger Programs team by researching topical issues, preparing written materials, providing administrative support, and completing other projects as needed. This position is for those interested in gaining experience using campaigns, storytelling, creativity, film and media to raise awareness of critical issues in the women’s human rights movement. To ensure success, intern(s) will be exposed to a variety of functions within the Advocacy group including research and writing, content and editorial development, social media management, film series outreach and impact campaign creation, data collection and analysis, effective communication strategies for engaging internal and external audiences, and more.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
• Assistance with researching, collecting, and organizing grantee information and imagery to capture success stories for campaigns, case studies, and reports
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English
• Strong interest and/or experience with digital storytelling, social media, and/or film.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task effectively
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multicultural environment independently and as part of a team
• Experience with image databases, photography, videography, and/or visual design is desired, but not required
• Language skills particularly in French, Spanish, Arabic or Russian are desired, but not required
• Willingness to bring and share creative and innovative ideas for broadening reach of Global Fund for Women
• Commitment to mission and vision of Global Fund for Women
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree (in process, incoming junior or senior)
• Some work or volunteer experience, preferably in non-profit or campus organizations
• Experience in working in a diverse and fast-paced environment
START DATE AND COMPENSATION
This is an unpaid 8-10 week position from June to August for 25-40 hours a week. Reimbursement for transportation may be provided if necessary.
How to apply:
• Resume, including your contact information, language and IT skills
• In your cover letter please include your availability as well as your interest and experience with any of the following areas:
o Awareness and action campaigns for women’s rights globally
o Women’s leadership and economic empowerment
o Sexual and reproductive health and rights
o Gender-based violence
The Global Fund for Women is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To submit your application materials, please visit our website:http://www.globalfundforwomen.org/careers/