Advocacy & Communications Interns
Organization: Make Every Woman Count
Are you a self-directed, cause-driven individual with strong communication skills? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a women's rights organisation? Are you looking for a challenging work experience? If you answered yes these questions, then apply to intern with MEWC!
Make Every Woman Count is seeking interns who are motivated and passionate to advocate for women's rights and ready to take initiative on new programs with strong knowledge and understanding of social media campaigning.
The internship provides an opportunity to be involved in advocacy work, policies, research, writing and analysis, monitoring, administrative work, website and social media management; and significant involvement in our advocacy projects such as our women's political participation and the African Women's Decade project.
MEWC is an African women organisation that serves as a (primarily online) platform to inform, conduct advocacy through research based-evidence and provide training to women’s organisations, young activists that work to empower women and girls to eventually strengthen women’s leadership capacities in order to influence policy- and decision-making.
Specific internship duties include, but are not limited to:
- Website Daily Updates
- Work with MEWC team to develop proposals for projects that could attract new funding
- Engage professionally with social media such as Twitter, Facebook,..
- Contribute to MEWC blog and to online outreach and promotion using Facebook and Twitter,..
- Research and develop ways to improve engagement and site traffic
- Assist with the preparation and publication of MEWC reports;
- Provide general administrative support
- Monitor blogs, forums and social networks
- Identify and research potential fundraising opportunities
- The intern will also be encouraged to take part in other projects being pursued and implemented within the organization. They will be a very important addition to all of the project teams.
- Highly motivated and passionate undergraduate or recent graduate with a strong interest or background on women related issues or studies with the ability to keep tight deadlines and commitments;
- Be good at writing, editing, proofreading and have a strong research and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently
- Superior attention to detail and ability to anticipate needs and provide solutions
- Excellent ability work with all levels of staff including a wide range of diversity of staff
- Excellent ability to read, analyse and write documents, articles, etc.
- Good problem-solving and inter-personal skills; and the ability to learn, adapt and thrive in changing technical environment
- Direct experience working with Social Media Channels (Blogging, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Computer proficiency in Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Content Management System (CMS) experience will be a plus
- Ability to commit at least two full days per week
How to apply:
This internship is unpaid and home-based (which makes it quite flexible as you can work from anywhere around the world). The internship requires a commitment of a minimum of 16 hours per week, or at least two full days a week for 3 - 6 months. If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and a Cover Letter.
Please send a separate cover letter not email. In the cover letter, please detail why you want to intern with MEWC, your internship objectives and career goals to info @ makeeverywomancount.org
Application Deadline: Saturday 30th June 2018.
We will review applications on a rolling basis