Organisation: DO IT WITH BOLDNESS FOUNDATION
Do it With Boldness (DWB) is a duly registered non-profit making foundation that was founded and registered under the Societies Act (Cap 108) of the laws of Kenya since August 2018.
The foundation being a volunteer organisation has since then been a member of Volunteer Involving Organisations Society (VIOs Kenya) which is an umbrella of all volunteer organisations working with a group of organisations that supports the UN resolution to promote volunteerism as a cross-cutting means of implementation towards the achievement of SDGs and any other government development strategy.
- Reduce the incidences of sexual and Gender Based Violence and all forms of discriminations and offer psychological support to the victims.
- Protecting the reproductive health of young women and ensuring they are informed on their reproductive health rights and menstrual hygiene.
- Narrowing the gender gap in entrepreneurship and economic empowerment through soft skills and entrepreneurship training.
- Nurturing self -efficacy and promoting mental health through psychological individual and group guiding and counselling sessions.
We are seeking an experienced Communication and Media Intern to support our mission.Do It With Boldness Foundation communication intern must think outside of the box to amplify the myriad of stories that our team and partners strive to share globally beyond the conventional borders.
- Devising a comprehensive communications and media strategy for DWB Foundation, along with an execution plan and benchmarks.
- Preparing and issuing blogs/press/media releases for DWB Foundation actions and activities
- Arranging media engagement opportunities for our members and leadership
- Preparing, commissioning and coordinating media content in the form of opinion pieces, articles, blogs and other contents
- Devising a communication guide for the movement leadership, staff and members.
- Work collaboratively with partners, members and supporters of DWB Foundation as well as their media teams to prepare and deliver information about our collaborative contents and work.
- Provide a weekly summary of media placements/mentions for DWB Foundation in traditional and Social Media platforms.
- Coordinate the production of monthly or quarterly Newsletter.
- Develop a comprehensive database of media contacts across the continent
- Coordinate teams of volunteers for various campaigns.
- Carry out any other duty assigned by the CEO and COO
Qualifications & Attributes
- You should have a primary qualification in communication & New Media, social sciences, political science, international relations, journalism, or any other relevant fields. While the usual tertiary qualifications and some demonstrable track record within the broad definition of NGO are desirable, the key attributes for the role include:
- A deep personal resonance with our mission,vision and Goals
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively, flexibly and effectively in a small, dynamic team as well as a large diverse group
- A track record and professional experience working in the human rights arena at any level
- Excellent oral and written communication in English
- It’s a given that you will have brilliant public speaking skills, are active on social media and are passionate about new encounters
All you have to do is prepare a cover letter (500 words) detailing why you’re the ideal candidate for the role. Kindly add a list of your current social media profiles at the end of this cover and attach a comprehensive CV, including references. –> Mail the application package to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com