Deputy Director- Operations (Ebola Response)
Date limite: Jusqu'à ce que le poste soit pourvu
Lieu: Beni, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Organisation: International Rescue Committee
The Deputy Director, Operations- Ebola Response (DDO) oversees the country program’s critical support functions: administration, human resources, supply chain and security, ensuring that all the necessary systems, policies and procedures are updated, rolled out, understood, and implemented in all locations. S/he is a member of the Ebola Response senior management team, reports to the Ebola Response Director and supervises the Base Manager- Goma, Field Coordinators (Beni, Butembo, and Mambasa), Human Resources Coordinator and Supply Chain Coordinator. The DDO will travel at least 40% to field sites.
- Coordination and Representation
- Serve as an active member of the Ebola Response’s Senior Management Team.
- Develop a sound understanding of the IRC’s programs.
- Ensure proactive communication with regional and HQ technical advisors for operations.
- Represent IRC’s Ebola Response at interagency operations meetings.
- Reflect on and contribute to advocacy for the Ebola Response.
- Do regular visits, remote support, and set work plans.
Compliance, Policies and Procedures
- Ensure functional operational support is in place in all sites to achieve results across program sectors.
- Implement IRC global policies throughout the Ebola Response, schedule policy updates, and ensure their consistent enforcement. Identify operational policy voids and partner with relevant individuals to develop new policies as needed.
- Ensure applied policies are in compliance with donor regulations, especially with regards to the supply chain.
- Develop a quarterly operations plan with regular follow-up of department leaders.
- Report and encouraging the reporting of non-compliance and incidents of potential fraud and corruption.
- Coordinate across operations units, across field sites and with programs and finance departments.
- In collaboration with the Finance Controller and Deputy Director Programs, ensure systems are streamlined between HR, Admin & Logistics, Finance and Programs.
- Oversee the functional coordination and management of IRC’s field offices for the Ebola Response.
- Ensure gap coverage and support to the Field Coordinators within existing teams.
- Work with Field Coordinators and other relevant stakeholders to support the safe set-up, closure, or transition of sub-bases and field offices.
- Partner with field teams to make sure core compliance standards are known and used in all field offices.
- Collaborate with the Deputy Director for Programs and Coordinators to ensure teams are staffed according to needs and funding.
- Work with Ebola Response field offices to implement effective orientation, staff training programs, and initiatives related to staff retention to maximize use of staff capacity and resources.
- Verify that administrative policies and procedures are documented, disseminated and consistently applied across the Ebola Response.
- Ensure human resources policies and procedures are documented, disseminated, and consistently applied through the Ebola Response. Support HR Coordinator to develop and implement compliance monitoring processes.
- Ensure the recruitment process is efficient, timely, transparent and well managed.
- Provide guidance and support the coordination of administrative functions.
- Oversee the review national staff salaries and benefits and recommend adjustments, when needed.
- Partner with the HR Coordinator to develop and maintain key mission metrics that feed into IRC HR reporting.
- Within the organization and in collaboration with the HR Coordinator, identify staff knowledge areas that require strengthening and work with supervisors and staff to provide the appropriate training, with a goal of contributing to staff retention.
- Support efficient administrative support to the Ebola Response.
Logistics and Supply Chain
- Verify that Supply Chain policies and procedures are documented, disseminated and consistently applied across the Ebola Response.
- Provide support to access to the BVA training and module.
- Conduct regular monitoring to the BvA system to ensure the data is accurate and up to date.
- Oversee the management of external financial commitments including procurement contracts and lease agreements for office, guesthouse and warehouses.
- Ensure that compliance monitoring processes are developed and effectively implemented.
- Assist supply chain staff in partnering effectively and cooperatively with other units to improve planning and resource utilization. Work with program staff to ensure procurement planning and identification of operational support needs.
- Ensure full proactive involvement of key processes with the finance department including budget versus actual report input and necessary information for operational budget accuracy.
- Assist Supply Chain staff in developing and managing appropriate coordination mechanisms to ensure that all operational units are interacting well with each other, as well as with the Regional Unit, Global Supply Chain (GSC), the Country Office, across different field sites, and other IRC support entities.
- In collaboration with the Finance Controller and Ebola Response Director, ensure systems are streamlined between HR, Administration, Supply Chain, Finance and Programs.
- Provide input including operational risk analysis and recommendations to the Ebola Response Director and Finance Controller related to operations spending and effectiveness of in-country reporting and planning systems.
- Provide support to all field and program teams to ensure all field offices are functioning efficiently and transparently and in compliance with IRC procurement guidelines.
Budget & Finance
- Produce content for new budgets covering operational requirements and provide advice on procurement related budgeting, including a capital equipment replacement plan,
- Maintain close working relations with the Finance Controller to ensure full and coordinated support to operations.
- Oversee grant operations budget lines.
- At least 7 years of experience of operational support or management of multi-sector humanitarian relief or development projects in Africa or similar context; preferably at senior level positions
- Proven personnel management, administration, logistics, communications, security and finance experience of large operations
- NGO experience and knowledge of donor requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel in very remote and war affected areas under adverse conditions
- Ability to work under pressure, long work hours, and heavy workload.
- Ability to independently organize work and prioritize tasks.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility, adaptability, culturally sensitivity, sense of humor
- Housing in IRC Guest House. Internet, DSTV on-site.
- Security level: 4 (Red). The situation is volatile.
- Position is unaccompanied