Communications Officer, MACEPA
Date limite: Jusqu'à ce que le poste soit pourvu
Lieu: Lusaka, Zambia
Organisation: PATH / Global Health Corps
The Communications Officer will be based in Lusaka, Zambia and will document stories and activities on the front lines of malaria elimination as part of PATH’s Malaria Control and Elimination Partnership in Africa (MACEPA) program. This role will be responsible for creatively sharing the work of PATH in its support to Zambia’s national program. The Officer will have an opportunity to develop materials and messages in this effort, making malaria stories and strategies accessible in the national context and connecting them to the global effort to inspire the malaria elimination agenda.
Note: As a participant in the Global Health Corps fellowship program, this individual will be classified as a Trainee by the placement organization and the government of Zambia.
Note: this role is one of 40+ paid Global Health Corps (GHC) fellowships for July 2020-July 2021. Read more about GHC here: www.ghcorps.org/apply
- Package stories for different audiences - including communities and districts pursuing elimination, local and national publications, and all manner of social media including management of the MACEPA -Instagram account - written in language for the lay-audience and robust enough to use for multiple target audiences
- Develop innovative ideas for video content for trainings and promotional material; work closely with the - Ministry of Health to write scripts, shoot, and edit videos
- Participate in trainings and partner meetings for documentation, as needed
- Develop training and educational materials for community health workers and community members, as well as maintaining a calendar of materials production
- Promote consistent collection and submission of raw stories and footage from field staff
- Assist Zambia’s national malaria program to document and showcase their work and personnel on their platforms
- Identify the most powerful pieces of information to emphasize to policy and funding decision-makers and to partners, including the private sector, for resource mobilization
- Contribute to advocacy, policy, and communications strategy development with the local team; help identify, plan, and implement strategies for reaching key target audiences
- Support the range of PATH projects as needed for a better understanding of the breadth and depth of health challenges and opportunities in Zambia
About the Organization
PATH is an international nonprofit organization that transforms global health through innovation. We take an entrepreneurial approach to developing and delivering high-impact, low-cost solutions, from lifesaving vaccines and medical devices to collaborative partnerships with communities. Through our work in more than 70 countries, PATH and our partners empower people to achieve their full potential.
Within PATH’s significant and growing health portfolio in Zambia, its flagship program is the Malaria Control and Elimination Partnership in Africa (MACEPA). We work closely with the Ministry of Health and the National Malaria Control Center to refine and develop tools and approaches and build the data that provides critical evidence in support of the country’s push to eliminate malaria.
Our offices are based at the National Malaria Control Centre and our work plan reflects the priorities of the national malaria program.
You will need to use a computer (not a tablet or smartphone) with one of the web browsers listed on this page. The deadline to apply is 12:00PM EST / 7:00PM CAT / 8:00PM EAT on January 15, 2020.
For more information, including video tutorials for completing the application, check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page. To preview the application questions and prepare your answers without logging in, see our application preview. All application submissions are done online – we do not accept applications by email.