Senior Gender and Agriculture Specialist
Lieu: Rockville, Maryland, USA
Organisation: EnCompass LLC
EnCompass LLC is seeking a Senior Gender and Agriculture Specialist to manage and provide technical assistance to task orders and contracts related to gender equality and agriculture, and provide day-to-day management and oversight for the Feed the Future Advancing Women’s Empowerment (AWE) project that provides targeted technical assistance to missions, implementing partners, USAID Bureau for Food Security, and other USAID offices that is focused on increasing women’s participation, productivity, profit, and benefit in agriculture systems.
We are looking for someone who has skills and experience in project mobilization, quality assurance and problem-resolution; demonstrated diplomacy and leadership to foster an atmosphere of teamwork, productivity, fairness, equity, and innovation; and support for diversity in working with contract team members, Mission staff, and host-country counterparts.
This is a full-time position based at EnCompass Rockville, MD headquarters.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
AWE Project Management:
- Manage call orders, including engagement with clients and subcontractors
- Build and maintain high quality relationships and communications with clients and subcontractors
- Manage and contribute to contract planning and implementation that is responsive to client needs, and ensures quality performance of staff and consultants
- Provide technical guidance and quality assurance on all activities, products, and deliverables
- Lead or contribute to technical components of proposals related to gender equality and agriculture
- Contribute to the expansion of EnCompass’ global consultant network by engaging professional fora, and identifying potential consultants for proposals and task orders and contracts.
- Contribute to company business development through networking in professional circles with prospective clients
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in agricultural development, economics, agronomy, gender and development, social science, or a related field is required.
Experience and Skills
- 10 years of experience across (1) implementing gender-sensitive or gender-transformative agricultural and food systems programming in developing countries, (2) leading gender research or monitoring and evaluation in agricultural development programs, and (3) gender-mainstreaming in the food security sector is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience leading and providing technical, administrative and management oversight of large and complex international development donor-funded activities as Project Director/Manager, Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, or comparable other management role is required.
- Strong management skills, writing skills, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues
- Demonstrated experience managing, and supervising staff, consultants, sub-contractors, and teams
- Experience in designing and facilitating different types of meetings and workshops using a variety of participatory, adult-learning methodologies and approaches
- Demonstrated presence and participation in gender equality and inclusive development networks related to agriculture and food security
- In-depth understanding of international development processes, actors, and client cultures
- Ability to think strategically and integrate diverse information from varied sources
- Fluency in English required, and fluency in one or more United Nations languages highly desirable
- Knowledge of or experience in applying appreciative inquiry and participatory approaches highly desirable