Major Gifts Officer
Date limite: Jusqu'à ce que le poste soit pourvu
Lieu: Washington, DC, USA
Organisation: Women for Women International
- Have you ever wanted to work for an organization that was so good at what they do they have external evaluations confirming their impact?
- Do you want to know that your job is helping to lift women living in some of the most difficult places to be a woman out of crisis and instability and put them on a path to economic self-sufficiency?
- Do you want to be a part of a team that has set a bold target of doubling their revenue in the next five years … and actually has the pipeline to support that target?
If so, then you want to work as a Major Gift Officer at Women for Women International (WfWI). We are looking for passionate advocates, intentional networkers, and self-aware bridge-builders to join our dynamic team of fundraising professionals. If you believe you have the skills necessary to succeed at a small INGO that has a big impact on the world, then we encourage you to apply
The Development team at Women for Women International (WfWI) is seeking the extraordinary.
We have set a bold target of doubling major donor revenue over the next five years so that we can bring our life-changing program to thousands more women. In fact, our goal by the time we are done is to serve millions not thousands (we believe in our program that much)! In order to reach that goal we need fierce advocates who are comfortable working in dynamic work environments, will chase down leads tenaciously, and who will care for our incredible philanthropic partners knowing it is their investments that make our work possible.
While portfolios of generous donors already exist, significant discovery and qualification work will be needed to build the successful portfolio that reaches set revenue targets. Candidates who are capable of conducting the full range of activities needed to close a gift will be considered – this includes but is not limited to uncanny sleuthing skills, deep-divers of data, and outside-of-the-box thinkers when it comes to donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. Whomever is brought on to the team will be a thought leader, a collaborative strategist, and will have an equal seat at the planning table.
As a cohesive unit aligned on strategy development and implementation, Marketing Development and Communication (MDC) will execute messaging and fundraising campaigns to generate revenue, increase brand awareness, and amplify the voices of the women we serve, all in order to enable WfWI to do its life-changing work. The Major Gift Officer, as a part of the Development team, will be an integral part of executing this mission of MDC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for annual fundraising goal of approximately $1 million.
- s a frontline member of the development team, creates and implements annual work plan to ensure annual fundraising goals are met/exceeded
- Builds and manages a portfolio of individual major donors and foundation donors annually and is responsible for developing donor strategies and relationships to grow financial support for WfWI – portfolio will likely be 20-30% discovery in the first year
- Recruits and supports fundraising volunteers who are engaged in major gift fundraising efforts with thorough research, briefing preparation and staffing support.
- Engages members of global leadership team, country directors, and volunteer leadership in donor cultivation and fundraising solicitations and supports involvement with appropriate research and briefing materials
- Assists in advancing and securing major gifts and volunteer leadership for WfWI’s signature events
- Organizes major donor cultivation events in coordination with Development Team and volunteer leadership.
- Collaborates with events team, and when appropriate UK office, to execute events
- Promotes and ensures the coordination of lead generation and corresponding research to increase donor engagement
- Participates in monthly portfolio meetings with plans for cultivation, stewardship and solicitation of donors, and weekly 1:1 meetings with the Director of Development
- Participates in event planning meeting on organizational speaking engagements
- Proactively utilizes the new Salesforce database for donor management and reporting
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience of frontline fundraising experience with major gift and foundation donors, more preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on a team and to build and maintain positive relationships with all levels of the organization, including volunteer leadership, senior management and staff
- Previous development experience with an international non-profit
- Strong interpersonal skills, maturity, tactfulness, and good judgment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Excellent computer skills, including competency with standard business applications and database systems; knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Working knowledge of planned giving a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 50%) and to work/travel on evenings and weekends
- Strong commitment to the mission and goals of Women for Women International
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply at your earliest convenience through this portal. We would encourage applicants to apply at their earliest convenience.