Program Associate for Knowledge Management
Date limite: Jusqu'à ce que le poste soit pourvu
Lieu: Maryland, USA
Organisation: Women's Learning Partnership
Women's Learning Partnership (WLP) is a partnership of 20 autonomous organizations based in the Global South that trains and supports grassroots women and women’s organizations to take on greater leadership roles at the local, national, and international levels. WLP creates culturally-specific curricula and trainings on leadership, human rights, and democratic participation. The partnership also conducts research-based advocacy campaigns to reform laws and practices that impede women’s full participation in their communities and societies. WLP’s programs and training materials, published in twenty languages, have reached thousands of women in over 50 countries, empowering them to advocate for their rights, and strengthening organizations to advance women’s movements across the globe.
The Program Associate position is based at the WLP International office in Bethesda, Maryland. The position will support two key areas of WLP’s work: (1) as a partner liaison, providing communications, program coordination, and evaluation support to WLP partner organizations, and (2) supporting the development and maintenance of technology to support WLP programs and managing WLP’s digital assets.
We are looking for a creative team-player and self-starter, with excellent English writing skills, a strong background in using technology to achieve organizational goals, and commitment to advancing women’s rights and gender equality.
Partner Programs Liaison
- Liaise with select WLP partner organizations and assist with coordinating the implementation and evaluation of WLP trainings, curriculum development, advocacy, and capacity building programs. Work closely with WLP team members to coordinate activities across program areas.
- Monitor relevant developments in the country/regional context and in relation to the partner. Work closely and maintain positive relationships with global partners.
- Support partner organizations in program planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Write reports based on program results from the field and assist with writing grant proposals.
- In cooperation with Executive Director (ED) and Finance Manager, provide programmatic information needed to prepare operational budgets.
Knowledge & Technology Management
- Assess, strategize, and implement processes, tools, and/or technology capabilities to support information gathering and knowledge-sharing across the organization.
- Help enforce IT guidelines and standards through ongoing education.
- Orient new staff to IT systems and policies.
- Liaise with technology vendors and provide research and testing of technical processes/products as needed.
- Maintain documentation of WLP’s technology assets.
- Liaise with the WLP knowledge management consultant and support the ongoing creation and maintenance of WLP’s multimedia digital library of video, audio, documents, and training materials pertaining to organizational programs and the broader global women’s movement.
- Oversee cataloguing of multimedia files. Ensure item metadata adheres to standards and practices outlined in WLP’s metadata strategy, website guidelines, and controlled vocabulary lists. Update metadata strategy documentation periodically to reflect ongoing evolution and expansion of the project.
· Interest in and commitment to women’s empowerment.
· Graduate degree in a related field (English Literature, International Relations, Women’s Studies, etc.)
· Minimum 3 years relevant professional experience, preferably with at least 2 years in the non-profit sector.
· Full native English fluency and excellent writing and editing skills.
· Experience with program coordination, monitoring, and evaluation.
· Ability to work in a small team environment and communicate professionally with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Proficiency with standard professional software for word processing, database management, multimedia editing, etc.
· Strong familiarity with WordPress, Drupal 8, or other CMS.
· Aptitude for and interest in learning new technologies.
· Working proficiency in French or Arabic desirable.
· Familiarity with the politics, history, and cultures in Africa, Asia, or the Middle East.
· Experience living, working, or volunteering internationally.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent medical, dental, and retirement benefits.
Applicant must have permission to work in the US, if not a US citizen or permanent resident. WLP is unable to sponsor work permits. Applicant must not now nor in the future require employer sponsorship for employment authorization (i.e. H-1B).
Please submit your cover letter, resume, writing sample, and a list of three references to: email@example.com with the subject line “Program Associate: Knowledge Management.”
No calls please.
Women’s Learning Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.