Director of Philanthropic Partnerships
Date limite: Jusqu'à ce que le poste soit pourvu
Lieu: San Francisco, California
Organisation: Global Fund for Women
Global Fund for Women’s vision is a world where every woman and girl is strong safe, powerful, and heard. No exceptions. We are a global champion for the rights of women and girls using grantmaking and advocacy to propel global movements for women’s rights.
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Development, this position will be responsible for advancing Global Fund for Women’s social change philanthropy by crafting and guiding the organization’s institutional giving strategy, including development and expansion of key as well as new relationships with corporate, private foundation, and family foundation funders, as well as select government and multilateral entities.
This position is also responsible for the productivity and efficiency of the grant writing team, which is responsible for reports, proposals, and ongoing cross-team alignment and collaboration to ensure revenue generation and stewardship of donors. The position holder must enjoy and be highly competent in working across time zones and geographies and with people of diverse nationalities, identities and cultures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Strategic Fundraising (70%)
- Manage a sophisticated fund development program with a multifaceted fundraising strategy and tiered portfolio consisting of private and family foundations, corporations, donor-advised funds and select broad-minded governments and multilateral organizations.
- Provide strategic leadership as a front-line fundraiser contributing to the development and execution of a plan for multi-year growth of revenue.
- Ensure that Global Fund for Women’s philosophy of valuing and engaging donors at all levels infuses both internal and external processes to support a culture of sustained institutional giving.
- Work closely with the VP of Development and Senior Director of Philanthropic Partnerships to create and implement strategies for cultivating, soliciting, stewarding and recognizing a highly sophisticated institutional donor base.
- Maintain the integrity of donor relationships and work to deepen a culture of philanthropy at Global Fund for Women.
- Ensure clear and consistent communication and collaboration across the Development Team, as well as across the organization in service to fund development best practices and in alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
Leadership and Supervision (30%)
- Provide strategic oversight and supervision for the writing team.
- Provide coaching and mentoring that builds team members’ capacity to deliver high-quality writing deliverables that reflect program priorities and advance revenue goals.
- Support writing team to adapt and execute effective team operations and processes so as to best meet evolving team needs.
- Support development of annual work plans for writing team in line with the strategies set forth by both the Development team and the organization as a whole.
- Supervise contractors as needed.
- Reports to the Vice President of Development; responsible for oversight for the writing sub-team; has close working relationships with the President and CEO, Executive Team, Development Directors, Program Directors, the Finance and Admin team and other Senior Officers and Directors in the organization.
- As a representative of Global Fund for Women, the Director of Philanthropic Partnerships engages donors, grantees, the Board of Directors, advisors, consultants, vendors, and the general public.
- Represents the organization in strategic venues and makes presentations on the work of Global Fund for Women to a variety of institutional funders and prospective funders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must have a commitment to and possess knowledge of international women’s issues and a strong knowledge of fundraising, philanthropy and donor engagement and/or education.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with track record of building and sustaining relationships (with donors, board, volunteers, and staff).
- Ability to collaboratively engage with donors to further Global Fund for Women’s mission, generating ideas, strategies, and advanced tactics in furtherance of revenue generation for the organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with diverse groups of individuals. Confident public speaker.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, problem solve, and have excellent follow through.
- Strategic thinker and planner.
- Maturity of judgment and talent to achieve immediate credibility and influence with the President and CEO, executive team members, the Board of Directors, staff members, donor and peer organizations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) credential preferred.
- 6+ years progressively responsible fundraising experience with an emphasis on institutional giving with some combination of experience with private foundations, corporations and multi-lateral funders.
- Experience and demonstrated success writing sophisticated grant proposals and reports.
- Experience in programmatic areas in the field is essential, ideally in international human rights issues and/or women’s rights.
- Demonstrated successful management and supervisory experience, especially managing a fundraising team.
- Experience with monitoring incoming and completing budgets, costing, and projections.
- Committed to the values of diversity, open communication, and inclusiveness.
The Global Fund for Women is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law. Women, people of color, and LGBTQI candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.