Date limite: Jusqu'à ce que le poste soit pourvu
Lieu: New York, USA
MADRE is seeking to hire a Grants Associate, a new position in the organization to strengthen our existing funding program and contribute to our increasing grantmaking capacity. The Grants Associate reports directly to the Partnerships Director and works to support the implementation of MADRE’s grantmaking strategies and manage grants and flow of information with grantee partners in Latin America and the Caribbean, Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
The Grants Associate is skillful in building and managing relationships with a wide range of individuals, including partners and colleagues. She/he should be charismatic, creative, organized, and goal oriented; exhibit a high level of professionalism and maturity; display superb written and oral communication skills, including comfort with external relations; demonstrate immaculate attention to detail; and be able to multitask and meet deadlines. A demonstrated passion for women's human rights is essential.
- Work closely with Program team to contribute to the implementation of grantmaking strategy and priorities to support current and new partner organizations in different regions.
- Coordinate all stages of grantmaking, including reviewing requests, conducting due diligence, assessment, processing and tracking grants.
- Communicate with grantee partners to follow up on grant documents and financial information.
- Work with Finance team to ensure that all grants to partners are recorded accurately and reports are submitted on time.
- Work with Director to administer grantmaking system (database, tracking tools) and procedures, including preparation of relevant documents.
- Supports Grantmaking team budget monitoring.
- Translates and/or coordinates the translation of proposals and program related materials.
- Undertake research on trends and priorities of particular topics as necessary for program staff.
- Understand MADRE’s mission, programs and goals to effectively implement our grantmaking strategy.
Learning and Evaluation
- Assist with the systematization and analysis of final reports from partners.
- Work closely with programs staff overseeing our M&E process to identify outcomes and impact.
- Prepare presentations to show progress, results and lessons learned from grantees.
- Support the creation of presentations to show the impact of our grantmaking strategy among different audiences.
- Passionate about MADRE’s mission, committed to teamwork, and achieving results.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience within the ngo/philanthropic sector.
- Strong understanding of the role of philanthropy in supporting local groups to realize social change.
- Knowledge and familiarity with grantmaking processes and procedures preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment managing competing priorities and reprioritizing tasks as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with individuals with diverse personalities and styles, and at different levels of seniority.
- Willingness to embrace critical feedback with a positive attitude.
- Ability to manage communications tactfully and professionally with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Detailed knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and Google computer applications, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, Slides.
- Exceptional written & oral communication skills in English and fluency in Spanish is required.
Email your resume and compelling cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Grants Associate Position -- YOUR NAME” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
MADRE is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBTIQ individuals, and candidates with disabilities to apply. We appreciate all applicants, but please be advised that our capacity allows us to only respond to those candidates best qualified for the position.