Fair Trade Program Director
Date limite: Jusqu'à ce que le poste soit pourvu
Lieu: Lima, Peru
Huaywasi is searching for the next Program Director for our growing fair trade artisan project! Huaywasi (why-wa-si) is an extension of the Light and Leadership Initiative’s Women’s Empowerment program. Profits from Huaywasi sales are directly invested in our women’s empowerment program, making it 100% sustainable and accessible to more women each year.
We’re in search of a new program director, someone to take the reigns of the project on-site in Huaycán, Lima, Perú. Our program director works directly with seven female artisans, ensuring our program grows and becomes even more sustainable for our organization and the artisans. Here’s a full list of responsibilities:
· Work directly with Huaywasi artisans to place monthly orders, give feedback and complete artisan payments.
· Hold quarterly meetings between artisans, interns, and the program director.
· Oversee production, design and quality control for each product within the required timeline
· Manage Huaywasi.com utilizing the shopify platform
· Create and execute a marketing strategy for Huaywasi.com and for in person sales in Lima.
· Manage up to three interns within the program, delegating tasks and encouraging a positive work environment.
· Work at pop-up shops, fairs, etc in Lima, Peru.
· Export products to the US (training provided)
· Communicate with the Women’s Empowerment Program manager about artisans and educational needs
· Report directly the Executive Director on a weekly basis
· More duties may be assigned as the program grows.
We’re searching for someone who…
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit
- Is passionate about fair trade, women’s empowerment and education
- Has an understanding of the North American consumer, but also an insight into traditional Peruvian culture.
- Has a strong design background—is confident sketching, constructing and overseeing the design process from start to finish
- Speaks near fluent or fluent Spanish.
- Is ready to grow a project: we’re at an exciting point with Huaywasi!
- Is able to live in Huaycán, Lima, Peru with a stipend to cover housing costs and then some.
- Is a U.S. or Peruvian citizen (or has the legal right to work in Peru)
- An opportunity to lead a fair trade project, while being a part of a high impact non-profit.
- A living stipend to cover costs while working with Huaywasi
- Free meals on work days (Friday through Tuesday)
- 3 weeks paid time off a year
This position is a contract position for 18 months, with the possibility of extension and begins ASAP. We cannot offer flight stipends at this time.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the Spanish language requirements.