G@W Program Associate
Date limite: Jusqu'à ce que le poste soit pourvu
Organisation: Gender at Work
We are looking for an enterprising and dynamic individual with the passion, energy and skills to support and assist the Interim Executive Director (ED) in executing her functions on a daily basis and in providing coordination support to various Gender at Work activities/programmes.
Gender at Work is an international network of individuals and organizations that build knowledge and practice to end discrimination against women and advance cultures of equality. We focus on building individual capacity, collective capacities and consciousness, and a robust field that bridges knowledge and theory from multiple locations and contexts to deepen and strengthen eﬀorts to uncover and change informal norms and rules. We work with a wide range of organizations, networks and movements to help them make visible, challenge and change these norms embedded in their foundations, to build internal cultures of equality and contribute to transformation of cultural norms that support the achievement gender equality and social justice. We do this through knowledge building and capacity development, gender ac<on learning, strategic evaluation and learning, and by building partnerships that bring the development world and other sectors (academia, women’s networks, private sector, etc.) together.
This includes but is not limited to the following:
• Assist with contracting for Associates, staﬀ and with partner organizations and donors. Support ED to ensure contractual obligations are met in a timely manner.
- Assist in preparation of funding proposals
- Support ED communications with donors and other partners
• Conduct research on potential donors; preparing talking points and background research for key meetings with donors
- Assist in organizing G@W panels and presentations
- To manage and maintain the Gender at Work contact database
• To build, manage and maintain relationships with potential and existing High Network Individuals/Friends and Patrons.
- Support achievement of program deliverables
• Support logistics for initiatives and events (travel, visas, letters, general trouble shooting, associate support)
• Coordinate and support consultancies (event planning, organize travel, and ensure timelines are met)
Associate Support and Management
• Work closely with Associates to ensure the day-to-day operations run smoothly and eﬃciently (they have money in their accts, or have access to the resources they need to implement activities) and to develop goals and objectives that directly support goals and objectives.
• Communicate regularly with Associates to problem-solve, support and ensure smooth running of day to day operations (largely in program-related activities)
Budget and Financial Management
• Support the development of annual and program budgets in collaboration with staﬀ and Associates
• Assist the Finance manager in the preparation and tallying of monthly and quarterly financial expense
- Prepare financial reports
- Monitor expenses to ensure accuracy in spending
Administrative Support to the ED
- Draft correspondence and reports
• To assist the interim ED in scheduling executive meetings and travel plans with internal and external stakeholders
• To assist and support the interim ED in preparing documents and presentations for any executive meetings with internal and external stakeholders
• To maintain a repository of reports and data files (budgets, meeting notes, and policy and strategy documents) to be arranged and stored electronically for reference.
• To assist the interim ED with invoicing, settling travel and other claims, maintain and help with online bank transactions like transfer of money, payments and other adhoc work.
- Any others as assigned.
• To document, follow up and ensure the implementation of all next steps of ac<on from Board/Senior Management meetings
• To provide support and assistance to the interim ED and the Management Team in preparing for Management team meetings, Board Meetings including preparing the agenda and any background documents as necessary.
• Prepare meeting papers and agendas, take minutes, follow-up on actions resulting from such meetings
• To support the interim ED in executing all governance functions through the Advisory Board.
• To engage in all activities related to the organization and implementation of the Board meetings including preparing the agenda, other correspondence and updates, document packages, recording minutes and action points.
If interested, please send an up to date CV and cover letter outlining your interest in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open immediately, and can be either home-based, virtual or in our India oﬃce.