Date limite: Jusqu'à ce que le poste soit pourvu
Lieu: New York, USA
Organisation: The Center for Reproductive Rights (the Center)
The Center for Reproductive Rights (the Center) is the premier global legal organization dedicated to advancing women's reproductive health, self-determination, and dignity. Its mission is straightforward and ambitious: to advance reproductive health and rights as fundamental human rights that all governments around the world are legally obligated to protect, respect, and fulfill. Headquartered in New York City, the Center has regional offices in Bogota, Geneva, Kathmandu, Nairobi, and Washington, DC and a staff of more than 130 diverse professionals. Its annual operating budget is approximately $29 million, the result of an extraordinary growth trajectory; the Center is now poised for a new phase of significant expansion through its next Strategic Plan.
The Center's game-changing litigation and advocacy work, combined with its unparalleled expertise in constitutional, comparative, and international human rights law, have transformed how reproductive rights are understood by courts, governments, and human rights bodies worldwide. It has played a key role in securing landmark legal victories in the U.S., Latin America, Africa, Asia, and Eastern Europe on issues including access to life-saving obstetrics care, contraception, safe abortion services, and comprehensive sexuality information, as well as the prevention of forced sterilization and child marriage. It has brought groundbreaking cases before national courts, U.N. Committees, and regional human rights bodies, led the development of historic, proactive legislation advancing robust protections for reproductive rights, and has built the legal capacity of women's rights advocates in more than 55 countries.
The Center's Communications Department is looking for an enthusiastic, resourceful and highly organized intern with a commitment to reproductive rights issues to engage in a variety of projects related to media relations, storytelling initiatives, and online engagement. This position will provide the successful candidate with experience in the day-to-day operations of a dynamic in-house communications team, including tracking media coverage, assisting our Storytelling Manager, and learning about online engagement strategies through social media, email, and web. The position will also be responsible for performing administrative tasks as needed.
The successful candidate will be expected to work 12-15 hours a week in our New York office with flexibility to work from home during midterms/finals and as workload permits. The internship will continue through May with the possibility of extension. Intern will be paid $13/hour and will be supervised by the Communications Assistant.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with monitoring and documenting of media coverage of the Center and updating media placements archives;
- Transcribing interviews with storytellers as conducted by the Center's Storytelling Manager and maintaining/organizing the story library archive;
- Fielding calls and e-mails from the media, public, vendors, and other stakeholders who contact the Center for information or assistance;
- Distributing promotional materials including press kits, reports, briefing papers, and swag, and maintaining records of distribution;
- Posting web content and assisting with migration of content to the Center's updated website;
- Conducting research on key issue areas as needed;
- Preparing paperwork required for processing invoices and maintaining budget records as needed;
- Demonstrated administrative skills
- Skills in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel;
- Experience with social media;
- Exceptional online research skills; and
- Experience working with HTML, CRM systems, photography, and/or graphic design software a plus.
Please click on the link below to apply. A cover letter, resume, and short writing sample must be included in your application in order to be considered for this position. Please include these application materials as attachments.