Date limite: Jusqu'à ce que le poste soit pourvu
Lieu: Washington, USA
Organisation: Synergía - Initiatives for Human Rights
Synergía - Initiatives for Human Rights is a recently established human rights nongovernmental organization. While the organization is new, its team of human rights defenders based in the US, Latin America and Africa has been leading in the field for more than ten years. Its founding board is composed of human rights experts who have been leaders internationally for decades. Synergía seeks to protect and promote the human rights of all people – particularly those whose rights are most systematically and egregiously violated, with a range of programs that address violations that are motivated by one’s sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or gender expression (SOGIE). Synergía partners with local lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI) civil society organizations (CSOs) and human rights defenders (HRDs) to advocate for LGBTI persons’ human rights across Latin America and the Caribbean, West and Central Africa, and the Middle East and Northern Africa. Synergía blends capacity strengthening and grassroots re-granting in three interrelated and interdependent thematic areas of work: movement building, security and protections, and rights and advocacy.
Synergía is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of Synergía – Initiatives for Human Rights ensuring that all financial resources that come into the organization are recorded, tracked, accounted for, and used in fulfillment of the core mission of the organization and of the various grant agreements through which the funding is provided. The Senior Accountant will report to the Executive Director.
Roles and responsibilities.
The Senior Accountant will:
- Ensures the implementation of all internal control policies and procedures within the organization.
- Processes all disbursements transactions; review invoices and check requests for appropriate approval and documentations, general ledger coding; prepare and process wire transfers.
- Oversees the preparation and storage of financial data and reports for the organization;
- Monitors and maintains the General Ledger (GL) and the Cash Receipts Journal (CRJ), Accounts Receivable Journal (ARJ), Accounts Payable Journal (APJ), and Cash Disbursement Journal (CDJ);
- Performs and monitors duties related to the daily closing, payroll processing, month-end closing, year-end closing, and outside agency audit tasks involving the GL, CRJ, ARJ, APJ, and CDJ;
- Performing monthly general ledger reconciliation, including bank account reconciliations
- Writes and codes journal entries, bank account, general ledger account analyses, cash drawdowns, and vouchering;
- Assists in the preparation , financial statements, ; and variances analysis explanation for financial reports;
- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast organization business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and cash flows based on past, present, and expected operations;
- Ensures timeliness of data submissions from country offices and uploading of data to organization’s general ledger;
- Assists program staff in drafting project budgets.
A successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and five years of accounting experience required;
- Experience with international accounting concepts, including foreign currencies required;
- Nonprofit accounting experience and experience with managing funding from and reporting to various private, public, and government donors preferred;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or a Master’s Degree in Accounting is preferred but not required.
The salary will be commensurate with experience. Synergía – Initiatives for Human Rights offers its employees excellent benefits including health insurance, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a retirement plan, and generous allocations of vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Send a cover letter, together with a resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Senior Accountant.