Director of Community Engagement Programs
Date limite: Jusqu'à ce que le poste soit pourvu
Lieu: New York, USA
Organisation: National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health (NLIRH)
Founded in 1994, the National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health (NLIRH) builds Latina power to guarantee the fundamental human right to reproductive health, dignity and justice. We elevate Latina leaders, mobilize our families and communities, transform the cultural narrative and catalyze policy change.
NLIRH seeks a bilingual (Spanish-English), committed, experienced individual who is passionate about social justice to lead and manage our Community Engagement Programs. The Community Engagement Programs currently include our on-the-ground community organizing and mobilization work in New York, Virginia, Florida and Texas, along with relationship- and movement-building efforts inherent in the intersectional approach within our Reproductive Justice framework. The Community Engagement Programs focus on building the power of Latinas, primarily in our Latina Advocacy Networks (LANs), through community organizing, civic engagement and leadership development work in order to create mechanisms for Latinas to influence public policy and build community support for reproductive justice.
Supervised by the Deputy Director and reporting to both the Deputy Director and Executive Director, the Senior Director of Community Engagement Programs will serve as part of the Senior Leadership Team. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience developing, managing and implementing civic engagement programs and/or organizing campaigns; overseeing the creation and implementation of leadership development curriculum; evaluating and assessing programs; as well as building and fostering organizational partnerships. We seek a skilled and passionate individual with experience working with diverse communities, who is highly motivated, and can easily work in a fast-paced environment! Candidates must have knowledge and commitment to reproductive health and rights and/or social justice issues.
MANAGEMENT: PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT, IMPLEMENTATION AND ASSESSMENT
· Manage community mobilization department and set vision and strategy;
· Oversee implementation of programs which include community organizing, civic engagement, leadership development, and the field mobilization growth plan as a C3 organization;
· Supervise national community mobilization staff;
· Oversee strategic alignment and growth of Latina Advocacy Networks;
· Create and implement evaluation and assessments systems for community mobilization, civic engagement and field operations programs;
· Work closely with Deputy Director and Executive Director in advancing organizational annual and multi-year work plans;
· Manage program budget;
· Contribute towards grant writing and reporting as it relates to department activities and outcomes;
· Collaborate and ensure alignment of community engagement work across departments, including Government Relations, Public Affairs & Communications, Development, and Operations & Finance.
LATINA LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: CIVIC ENGAGEMENT PROGRAMS AND PARTNERSHIPS
· Oversee the development, implementation and assessment of the leadership and civic engagement programs, including incorporating ongoing evaluation metrics;
· Research, assess and promote best practices as it relates to community organizing, civic/voter engagement and rapid-response policy advocacy;
· Oversee the CM policy advocacy strategy in partnership with relevant Government Relations staff;
· Develop and foster relationships with local and national Latino civil rights leaders, reproductive health/rights/justice leaders, and other movement leaders and organizations;
· Represent NLIRH’s community mobilization work at events, conferences, etc.;
· Serve as organization liaison on community mobilization and movement-building coalitions;
· Lead special projects as it relates to field operations, mobilization, coalition-building, civic engagement and program evaluation.
· Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree or advanced work experience in relevant fields preferred;
· 6-8 years of experience overseeing or managing civic or community engagement programs;
· Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills, especially: excellent judgment, strategic thinking and problem solving and high levels of initiative, creativity, flexibility and humor;
· Experience managing volunteers, interns and paid staff;
· Effective project management and budgeting skills;
· Demonstrated success integrating technology into campaigns and engaging activists online;
· Experience building and working with partnerships and coalitions;
· Excellent communication and writing skills in both Spanish and English;
· Dedication and commitment to reproductive health and rights is a must;
· Must be willing to travel 30-50% of time; driver’s license required;
· Experience training diverse populations, especially the Latino community, preferred;
· Experience supervising remote staff, preferred.
Competitive compensation and benefits package
NLIRH offers excellent benefits, including health insurance, vacation and sick leave.
Submit cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and three references via email to email@example.com. Please write Senior Director of Community Engagement Programs on the e-mail subject line. Position will be open until filled.