Call for Applicants for the 10th & 11th EGEP
EGEP is a two-week residential educational program that takes place twice a year (summer and winter) offered by Ewha Womans University. According the MOU between Ewha Womans University and UN Women, this program aims to promote education for women and gender equality in Asia and Africa by empowering women working in non-governmental public sectors and by nourishing the next generation of women leaders.
On completing this program, participants will have:
- improved their theoretical knowledge and practical capacities from a gender perspective
- broadened their understanding of women’s lives, women’s issues, and women’s rights in Asian and African contexts; and
- strengthened their feminist leadership capacities to build women’s solidarity and cooperation in local, national, and transnational contexts.
While a more specific EGEP curriculum will be provided separately, the following are the major activities that participants may expect from the program:
- Lecture Seminars
- Open Forum
- Action Plans
- Social Hours
- Group Talk
- Study Tours to Korean NGOs
With minimum three years of experience, women activists working in international and national non-governmental public sectors in Asia and Africa, such as NGOs, NPOs, civil society organizations, including individuals working independently are encouraged to apply for this program.
Number of Participants
20-25 for every term of EGEP
The selection committee will evaluate the applicants based on the following criteria:
- field experience 25%
- expertise in women’s issues 25%
- potential as next generation of women leaders 25%
- contribution to the community 25%
- Application Form (on-line format)
- Curriculum Vitae, Statement of Purpose, Essay, Letter of Recommendation
These requirements are only for those who have been notified as selected EGEP participants.
- Abstract & 5-page paper
English is the official language of the EGEP.
Ewha Womans University provides the funding to cover fees for the tuition, dormitory, and a two-week allowance for all the participants. Funds for airfare will be awarded only to the participants from ODA beneficiary countries.
- From 2015 onward, EGEP participants for two terms in one fiscal year will be selected in May. When necessary, the organizing institution may additionally recruit participants at any time of the year. Selected EGEP participants who fail to attend the EGEP at the term indicated will not be automatically considered to participate in the following term.
- Application requirements should be submitted online
Successful candidates will be informed individually via e-mail by May 11, 2016.