Organización: Sustainable Development Goals Fund (SDGF)
Within delegated authority, the Procurement Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Plans, develops and manages all procurement and contractual aspects of projects of significant complexity related to worldwide procurement of diverse services and commodities (e.g. information technology, electronic equipment and instruments, vehicles, medicines, foodstuffs, building maintenance materials, office supplies,construction,furniture, etc.), taking into account local economic and other conditions.
- Advises requisitioning units and recipient entities on the full range of procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stage of the procurement cycle.
- Prepares/oversees preparation and distribution of invitations to tender and manages/conducts all aspects of bid/proposal evaluations.
- Formulates strategies and designs innovative solutions to resolve issues/conflicts for complex procurement projects.
- Establishes and maintains work program and schedule for ongoing contracts and newly-planned ones.
- Participates in negotiations with senior supplier representatives;signs procurement orders up to the authorized limit, and, incases where the amount exceeds authorized signature authority, prepares submissions to the Contracts Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official.
- Conducts market research to keep abreast of market developments;researches and analyzes statistical data and market reports on the world commodity situation, production patterns and availability of good and services.
- Identifies new technologies and products/services,evaluates and recommends potential supply sources and participates in the incorporation of research results into the procurement program.
- Oversees adherence to contractual agreements, recommends amendments and extensions of contracts, and advises concerned parties oncontractual rights and obligations.
- Prepares a variety of procurement related documents,contracts,communications, guidelines, instructions, etc.
- Provides guidance to, and may supervise new/junior staff.
Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in business administration, public administration, commerce,engineering, law or a related field. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, Contract management, administration, logistics and supply chain management, or administration in the public or private sector, of which at least two years must be directly related to first-hand procurement and/or contracting experience In special cases the incumbent may be the team leader, therefore supervisory skills are highly desirable.
Candidates should submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org the following, indicating relevant experience:
- Curriculum vitae;
- Brief cover letter indicating interest in the position.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Human Resources Management service Sustainable Development Goals Fund Secretariat One United Nations Plaza, DC1-1950 New York New York 10017.