Director, Gender and Inclusive Development
Lugar: Rockville, MD, USA
Organización: EnCompass LLC
EnCompass is seeking a Director for our Gender and Inclusive Development team to provide strategic, management, and technical direction for the Gender and Inclusive Development portfolio in Washington, DC, and internationally. We are looking for someone who can continue growing EnCompass’ reputation for providing high quality and pioneering approaches to address issues of gender and inclusive development; bring thought leadership, management oversight, and innovative approaches to the work; and represent EnCompass to clients, partners, and technical communities.
EnCompass Directors have responsibility at multiple levels – as individual technical contributors, as leaders of staff teams, and jointly as members of the Senior Management Team (SMT). As a member of the SMT, the Director will ensure open and inclusive communication, and integrate expertise, knowledge, and support throughout the company.
The position is based at the EnCompass headquarters offices in Rockville, Maryland, but telework options may be available
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
- Provide strategic planning, organization, and direction to all work in the Gender and Inclusive Development portfolio
- Build networks and partnerships for innovation across public and private sectors
- Bring latest developments in the field to EnCompass
- Cultivate, develop, and maintain relationships with clients and partners
- Provide high-level leadership and corporate oversight for Gender and Inclusive Development program activities, contracts, and teams to ensure client satisfaction, quality assurance, adequate resources, and budget management and accountability
- Publish and present significant work in relevant journals, trade publications, conferences, white papers, and blogs
- Identify staffing needs and team structure, and recruit, hire, and supervise staff on the Gender and Inclusive Development team
- Ensure team and individual performance through technical mentoring, setting objectives and standards, and supervision
- Strategically leverage the strength and knowledge of the team to determine how to best meet EnCompass and client needs
- Provide strategic direction for new business development in Gender and Inclusive Development
- Identify, develop and expand partners and clients for new work
- Lead and/or contribute to developing strategy for proposals related to gender equality and inclusive development, including teaming, staffing, and writing
Company Management Support
- As a member of the SMT, provide input and feedback, and communicate company policies, strategies, and activities
- Collaborate and coordinate with other EnCompass teams to support integration of expertise and knowledge across the company
- Foster an appreciative work culture, with collaboration and teamwork for knowledge sharing and learning
Minimum Academic Qualifications and Years of Experience
- Master’s degree and 10 years of relevant experience
- PhD and 8 years of relevant experience
- Graduate degree in international development, organizational development, women’s studies or other social sciences, or a related field
Experience and Skills
- Well-developed professional networks and recognized thought leader in the field of gender and inclusive development
- Excellent communication skills, including writing (proposals, reports, and other communications) and public speaking
- Experience working in multiple sectors and in both international and domestic settings
- Ability to work sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients, colleagues, and staff
- Experience in business development strategy, partnerships and proposal writing
- Flexibility and ability to travel; experience working or living overseas preferred
- Strong technical expertise in gender analysis, gender integration, gender-based violence, and male engagement
- Significant experience in capacity building and facilitation
- Fluency in language(s) other than English – especially French, Spanish, or Arabic – highly desirable
- Strong strategic planning, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent team building and interpersonal communications skills and successful experience in managing and motivating diverse teams of staff and consultants
- Ability to develop and manage client relationships
- Successful contract and project management experience in an international development organization
- Experience working with USAID preferred
- Ability to support/mentor team members managing complex contracts
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Please submit CV and cover letter, and complete the application. Thank you!