Program Manager – Women’s Empowerment and Rights
Lugar: Ottawa, Canada
Organización: CARE Canada
CARE Canada’s International Operations & Programs (IOP) unit is responsible for developing and managing the organization’s programs in both development and humanitarian assistance focusing on the injustice of poverty and gender inequality. The Unit is currently seeking a Program Manager with experience in program management in humanitarian and complex environments with exception skills in gender equality programming, feminist coalition building, women’s rights and economic empowerment. Reporting to the Senior Manager Women’s Economic Empowerment, the Program Manager is responsible for leading CARE Canada’s women’s empowerment and rights programing, including the day-to-day project and human resource management, donor relations and engagement. The PM is accountable for the successful completion of their projects and high quality implementation, especially in the area of women and girls’ rights. The PM is also responsible for critical engagement, advocacy and engagement with our key donors. The incumbent will work in close collaboration with team members within WEE and the Humanitarian Assistance and Emergency team, as well as with CARE’s Senior Gender Advisor and other colleagues within the IOP unit and across the organization.
This position will work on a range of projects focusing on gender equality programming, women’s rights and voice, and women’s economic empowerment, with a current focus on programing in Kenya and South Sudan.
What you offer:
- You have a Master’s degree in international development studies, women’s studies, or a similar social science with senior course work in gender equality, rights and international development or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience managing international development projects, with at least 1 year experience working overseas in a similar role in a humanitarian or development context
- You have experience managing projects/programs in areas such as gender transformation, women’s rights, women’s economic empowerment
- You have experience in gender analysis and gender equality activity design
- You have experience facilitating participatory and collaborative approaches to move teams towards results
- You have experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Knowledge sharing You have experience working with Results-Based Management tools
- You have experience with project financial management
- You have a knowledge of economic empowerment programming
- You have a knowledge of development issues in low and middle income countries and complex environments
- You have working knowledge of MS Office is essential
- You have excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
What would make you extraordinary (Assets)?
- You have specialized training in humanitarian/emergency response. You have excellent written and verbal communications skills in French You have basic verbal communications skills in Spanish
- You have basic verbal communication skills in Arabic You have field experience working in a fragile state
- You have familiarity with the development branch of Global Affairs Canada
What we offer:
- Generous leave entitlements, including December holiday closure
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services
- International travel opportunities
- Learning and development opportunities, and specialised training
- Flexible work hours and a work from home policy
- A family friendly environment
- Free parking, access to public transportation; central location close to popular amenities
- Business casual four days per week, Jeans Fridays
- Onsite BBQ and shower facilities
Founded in 1945, CARE is a leading international humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. In over 80 countries, CARE works with the poorest communities to improve basic health and education, enhance rural livelihoods and food security, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity, help vulnerable people adapt to climate change and provide lifesaving assistance during emergencies. CARE places special focus on working alongside women and girls, living in poverty, because, equipped with the proper resources, women and girls have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty.
If you are someone who thrives on challenge, loves to be part of a dynamic team and you are passionate about making a difference, then this opportunity is for you. Please apply directly at https://goo.gl/hesTh7 before May 28, 2018. Resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position will remain posted until a qualified candidate is identified.