Officer for Philanthropic Partnerships
Lugar: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Organización: Mama Cash
Mama Cash was the first international women’s fund in the world. Today, we provide grants and support to pioneering women’s, girls’ and trans people’s rights initiatives around the globe that challenge the root causes of injustice. Activists and donors join with Mama Cash to advance gender equality and respect for the human rights of all people.
Purpose of the position:
As a member of the Philanthropic Partnerships team, the Officer for Philanthropic Partnerships contributes to the organisation's financial base by increasing and diversifying income from institutions within and outside the Netherlands, including governments and public and private foundations.
The Officer for Philanthropic Partnerships is passionate about making a difference in the human rights of women, girls and trans people globally.
The Officer for Philanthropic Partnerships will make the case for Mama Cash’s work and translate complex, sometimes academic, concepts and approaches into language that is accessible to a variety of audiences.
The Officer for Philanthropic Partnerships reports to and receives support and guidance from the Senior Officer for Philanthropic Partnerships and is part of a department led by the Director of the Philanthropic Partnerships and Communications.
Strong research and writing skills and the ability to creatively and persuasively conceptualise grant proposals and reports for institutional donors are part of your curriculum.
Essential job function:
A. Philanthropic Partnerships (fundraising)
- Conceptualise, research and write proposals and reports to (prospect) institutional donors;
- Prepare reports on institutional donor giving;
- Record donor grant restrictions/preferences and gift acknowledgments in the database;
- Monitor and ensure the timely delivery of information and grant obligations to donors;
- Support the realisation of institutional fundraising goals together with the Senior Officer for Philanthropic Partnerships and the Director of Philanthropic Partnerships and Communications;
- Liaise with Programmes Team members to gather and aggregate relevant information on grantees, trends, and outcome/impact measurements;
- Interface with the Finance & Operations Team on budget preparation and tracking donor restrictions;
- Give input into and implement improved fundraising strategies and systems;
- Actively contribute to and in some cases coordinate institutional donor prospecting strategies and plans;
- Make and sustain personal contacts with institutional donors and networks;
- Actively follow developments in the philanthropic sector and take advantage of opportunities to expand the number and nature of relationships with institutional donors;
- Foster interest and awareness in the international institutional donor and philanthropic communities on the (strategic) importance of funding and supporting women’s, girls’, and trans people’s rights.
- Provide information and insight about Mama Cash’s work and trends in women’s rights activism and support for women’s rights to both internal and external constituencies, through sharing information, attending meetings and events, and contributing to activities and/or publications;
- Build and maintain relationships with institutional donors;
- Represent Mama Cash at national and international events.
C. Management and Supervision
- Project management on proposal processes that require coordination with other departments and external stakeholders;
- Manage relationships with consultants hired to support Mama Cash on a project basis as necessary.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong commitment to women's, girls’ and trans people’s rights and the values, goals and work of Mama Cash;
- Excellent English writing skills; research and analytical skills;
- Sound judgment, attention to detail; ability to start, carry through and finish projects;
- Good communications and interpersonal skills (verbal and written), with the ability to interact with and communicate the work of Mama Cash to people from a wide diversity of backgrounds and cultures;
- Excellent command of English (fluent spoken and written) and at least one other language commonly used in Mama Cash (such as Dutch, French, Spanish);
- A strong ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- An ability to take initiative and to organise work efficiently and effectively;
- Familiarity with budgeting.
Education and experience:
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in fundraising with institutional donors, including direct experience with grant writing;
- University degree – or equivalent experience – with a focus on International Relations, Political Science, Gender studies or a related Social Science;
- Knowledge of and professional experience with writing proposals and both narrative and financial reports;
- Knowledge of international women’s rights and/or feminist movements;
- Familiarity with the use of the logical framework or evaluation and monitoring frameworks;
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point, and knowledge of database systems.
Both a letter of motivation and CV (resume) need to be submitted in English and stating the job title to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: September 30th, 2017
The job will be located in Amsterdam.
Please note that an EU work permit is required!