Administrator and Research and Policy Officer
Lugar: London, UK
Organización: The Women’s Budget Group
The Women's Budget Group is recruiting a part-time Administrator and a part-time Research and Policy Officer to join our small staff team in our Farringdon office. Both jobs are 22.5 hours a week to be worked over a minimum of three days a week, but could be worked over more days. Some home working is possible. WBG operates a flexible working policy.
The Women’s Budget Group is a network of feminist economists, researchers, policy experts and activists that works towards a more gender equal society in which women’s financial independence gives them greater autonomy.
28 days annual leave (pro rata) plus public holidays. Workplace pension scheme.
Salary: £23-25,000 pro rata dependent on experience
Hours: 22.5 hours per week. Initial 2-year contract subject to 3-month probationary period
Closing date: 2nd October 2017,
Interviews to be held on: Thursday 12th October 2017
Main duties include:
- Office administration
- Providing administrative and communications support to Co-Directors, Chair, Treasurer, and Management Committee
- Assisting the Co-Directors with company and financial administration
- Providing administrative support for funding proposals
- Assisting with the organisation of WBG events including the AGM, Budget viewings, training courses and external meetings
- Maintaining and updating membership, media and parliamentary distribution lists.
- Production and distribution of WBG newsletter.
- Monitoring and updating WBG social media.
- Assisting with production and dissemination of Budget responses, briefing papers and reports.
Research and Policy Officer
Salary: £25-28,000 pro rata dependent on experience
Hours: 22.5 hours per week. Initial 2-year contract subject to 3 month probationary period
Closing date: 2 October 2017,
Interviews to be held on: Friday 20th October 2017
Main duties include:
- Work with the Co-Directors and Policy Advisory Group members to produce the WBG response to UK government Budget and Financial Statements, including collating analysis, drafting content, formatting, editing and dissemination
- Work with the Co-Directors and Policy Advisory Group to produce briefings, reports and responses to government consultations
- Work with the Co-Directors to develop and undertake research and policy projects to support delivery of WBG’s strategic plan.
- Produce high quality research reports, briefings and presentations for a variety of audiences
- Work with the Co-Directors and Administrative officer to organise meetings, workshops and events
- Represent WBG at meetings as required by the Co-Directors
To apply please complete and return the application form to email@example.com by 5.30 pm on Monday 2nd October. Please title your email Administrative Officer Application or please title your email Research and Policy Officer Application.