AWID strongly believes in building collective power to advance women’s rights and gender equality worldwide. Only if we strengthen the voice, impact and influence of women’s rights advocates, organizations and movements, will we create a world where women rights are respected, poverty is eradicated and peace endures.
Together with AWID, you can work to ensure that women’s rights advocates, organizations and movements continue to drive political, social and economic change to ensure rights for women and for all.
- AWID is the only international feminist membership organization, with members in all regions of the world.
- Every three years, we organize the largest global women’s rights conference, providing a critical platform to find collective solutions to advance gender equality and women’s rights.
- We contribute to giving visibility to, and supporting leadership of, women’s rights activists and organizations in the Global South and Eastern and Central Europe
- Our engagement with young women around the world, (one-third of our membership) contributes to the sustainability of women’s rights work and has become a clear flagship of the work we do.
- We work collaboratively and use our positioning to open spaces for women’s organizations and movements to participate in key policy-making venues at the global level.
- We combine our feminist analytical work with both political and practical tools.